Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin Text Fluctuations After Publishing

ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help
Labels (5)

On more than one Pin, the text on some of the images turned out to be smaller than when I created the pin. On other images within the same pins, the text turned out to be as created. Why is this? Unfortunately, we can't edit the images in a Pin.

This is very frustrating and discourages me from creating. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way that I can ensure that this does not happen?

The Pin feature needs:

1. a way to preview the pins before publishing and then edit them or
  2. a way to edit the entire pin after publishing.
1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

That sounds like a good plan.

Maybe, decide on a font | size that you're going to work with and stick to it for every image you add that way you know in advance how you want to do your Idea Pin and don't have to fiddle with each page of the Idea Pin.

Lisa

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
9 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

Hello Friend 👋

I read your post.

No, you are not doing something wrong - I have experienced this but mainly on Desktop not mobile I have also experienced situations where I do the appropriate sizing for the Pins in say Canva or Adobe Express and then when I upload them they are not the right size which in turn knocks the font size off. I do believe this has a lot to do with the fonts between where your pin design was created and Pinterest.

My suggestion on how work around this consider going down 1/2 pica (font size) and utilize the center of your design to offset any random issues when uploading - it won't guarantee exact spacing but it will help to avoid cutoffs et al.

I agree on the addons for Idea Pins there needs to be the ability to further edit the pins if something shows up wrong.

Lisa

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Thanks, but the problem is not with any text that may be in the images that I upload. The issue is with the fonts/text that I use that is a part of the Idea Pin editor. When I click on Text and place a text box onto my image and add text in the size that I want, sometimes it publishes as a smaller size. When this happens, the text that I added can barely be seen, if at all.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

I see I have a question(s) - Do you scale the text once you add it to the photo? Do you scale the photo after adding text? 

I am wondering if you scale the font for example after adding it if that would make a difference and the same goes for the photo.

This hasn't happened to me I did a test to see if it would do it but it does not.

Let me know if there was any difference.

Lisa

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

I am wondering if you scale the font for example after adding it if that would make a difference and the same goes for the photo.

Everything that I do with text/font is done within the Idea Pin creator. I usually adjust or scale up or down my images as I add each. I also add text to each image as I upload each. And yes, I do scale up or down the text after I add it to put it in the best position and make it the best size. I rarely can pick a font size that is perfect when I first add it.

Now, I did learn that the images cannot be scaled separately but when one is scaled the others are also. This means that when I add a 10th image, for instance, and I adjust it for best look, what I have done also adjusts the previous images to which I've added text. This could affect the Idea Pin text that I had placed on those images, but this still does not seem to be the cause of the problem that I'm having.

This is because I review each of my images before I publish the pin. If I saw any text that had changed for some reason, and did not look like when I added it, I'd correct it before publishing. That has not been the case. I have not seen any of my text that has become tiny and barely readable in my final review.

I will, however, practice uploading all images first, making sure they are adjusted and then I'll go back to the first image and begin adding text to each one, and see if that helps.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

That sounds like a good plan.

Maybe, decide on a font | size that you're going to work with and stick to it for every image you add that way you know in advance how you want to do your Idea Pin and don't have to fiddle with each page of the Idea Pin.

Lisa

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

FYI: I created a Thanksgiving 6-day sale event Idea Pin in which I used the new process that I described. The text shrinking problem still occurred.

Images #4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 have text that was shrunk after I published the pin. I took screenshots of the idea pin images before I published it to show that the images txt looked perfect on each image before publishing. I see that I can't upload images into this comment, though.

I don't create images for my Idea Pins. I simply upload images from my files as they are, whatever size and ratio they are in my files for whatever I used them for. I don't know if all images uploaded to Idea Pins should be the same size or something.

I don't know if it would be better for images uploaded to not need to be resized in the Idea Pin creation. If this is the case, what size should images be in order for them to not need resizing once uploaded into the Idea Pin creator?

I also think Idea Pins probably work best for videos.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

Hi

I read your post and I did a little experiment to see the differences and potential issues with creating Idea Pins on Desktop vs. Mobile.

Some of the issues that you have described are consistent with creating Idea Pins on Desktop in fact I had a number of similar issues that you described above but when I created my Idea Pins on Mobile I did not experience any of the issues above.

There is a way to size the images on a desktop but to be fair it's not obvious and there is a little extra work involved on desktop vs. mobile.

When you're creating an Idea Pin it's a really good idea to keep the images the same size and consistent throughout the pin whether in video or static image. 

Image Size in the creative process (create an Idea Pin) should be so that the entire image | video is clear and can be seen during and after the creation process, if the images aren't completely visible in the creation process then they would need to be resized, otherwise, pieces of the image, etc. get cut off.

All images both video and static images work with Idea Pins but the video definitely gets more attention.

To be honest you would be better off creating Idea Pins in the mobile app vs. desktop - this is just what I have seen in my experiment.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Yes, though I haven't yet created an Idea Pin via mobile, I believe that would be the solution. I understand also that I can only add music tracks via mobile. Since I design graphic products now, my creation process is mainly spent on desktop/laptop. Maybe in the future, I can develop my own viable, streamlined process for creating Idea Pins via mobile for my digital and printable products.

Thanks for hanging in there with my posts and finding the answer! 💐 I wish I could change and mark your last comment as the solution. 👍

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery 

Hi

No worries love when you come to the community.

PS. you can always edit your responses just click on the 3 dots...and choose edit, alternatively, you can just click on the Accept button if it appears at any point.

Glad I could help.

Hope you had a nice holiday.

Lisa

1 Kudo