Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin Music Desktop

liveoaknest
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Will adding music to pins on desktop be something added in the future? Just curious! 🙂 

Also if I use Epidemic Sound for my music on videos can I also use that on my pins? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isabeltalensm
Posts regularly

It’s a great question, @liveoaknest .

I always recommend creating idea pins on the app.

Beyond the music element, there are a number of other features that are only available on the Pinterest app. For example more advanced editing functionality, stickers, music and so on.

Some of these might be added at some point to the desktop but generally speaking new features hit the mobile app first.

I also love Epidemic Sound. The point with music is to ensure that you aren’t infringing any copyright aspects. So I would first ensure that Epidemic Sound include Pinterest as part of the licence they give with their subscription and their specific terms about it, and if they do include the credits required.

I personally love using native Pinterest features and music to signal to Pinterest that my content is original to the platform.

Great pinning!

Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for online business and Pinterest strategies.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
isabeltalensm
Posts regularly

It’s a great question, @liveoaknest .

I always recommend creating idea pins on the app.

Beyond the music element, there are a number of other features that are only available on the Pinterest app. For example more advanced editing functionality, stickers, music and so on.

Some of these might be added at some point to the desktop but generally speaking new features hit the mobile app first.

I also love Epidemic Sound. The point with music is to ensure that you aren’t infringing any copyright aspects. So I would first ensure that Epidemic Sound include Pinterest as part of the licence they give with their subscription and their specific terms about it, and if they do include the credits required.

I personally love using native Pinterest features and music to signal to Pinterest that my content is original to the platform.

Great pinning!

Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for online business and Pinterest strategies.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @liveoaknest , I wanted to add to what @isabeltalensm mentioned, I had a conversation with Epidemic Sound a few years ago concerning Pinterest, and their answer was to be sure your account is  commercial licensing. The personal account covers only YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, and TikTok. Their reply was:

With Commercial Licensing, you can publish content featuring our music worldwide. You can post on any online platform, in podcasts, on your company website, or on social media platform..

I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos