Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I think Pinterest needs to know my curiosity

anonlineguy
Just visiting
Labels (2)

Good day everyone,

I have some curiosity "concerns" on Pinterest, as follows:

1. IMHO Pinterest should enter the 5 senses with a proportional human daily cycle. Say 50% of human time is to work actively by maximizing their sense of sight and brain work enabling them to view images and videos. While, another 50% of human time is for entertainment, relaxation and sleep lowering the function of the eye senses and resting the brain work and prioritizing hearing sense, sense of breath and soul. This second-time part requires media pins that are able to convert video and brain work into audio form and taste functions such as audible stories, audible comedy, music, songs or videos that lead to a relaxed atmosphere. The conversion to senses of the tongue, nose or touch could be approached as well. It's interesting if you can make this setup work i.e. when a video is running then I turn off the screen or flip to other apps then the audio still continues playing in the background when I still want to listen to a series of songs. You know even youtube doesn't (can't) do this setup, what do you think, Pinterest? 

2. Focus on enjoying instead of searching? I check on my mobile the default display of Pinterest is still Searching (Browsing) more over on desktops. It seems messy and immediately gives the first impression of confusion and headache. IMHO, the tendency and time portion to focus on enjoying are normally dominant than seeking (~30%). You need AI that can automatically present to users the focus of enjoying according to their interests. 

3. Many of Pinterest's cool features are hidden and like having to mine first to find out or understand them, for example, Pinterest Idea function and Pinterest community location. I suggest these cool features appear occasionally as information or offers on the main focus display.

4. It seems users' success stories on Pinterest require years or even tens-year. IMHO this situation needs to be revoluted to be compressed and short-cut says in just a few months and can be enjoyed by many users. There are now so many online supporting AI tools for graphic design, texting, analysis, etc that can support the revolution. 

I think that's all 4 main points I want to share from my concerns on Pinterest.

Dear @bodymindmood @JanaOMedia @BestFunGifts @hellohomegirl @everydaylifewithlaura @mmillerrr15 @terezatoledo @natashaewards @TailoredByTT @carlyyyyxoo  @itsmorganashley_ @AccentYourself @michaelbliss

@ArtsyCraftery @hellohomegirl @foxfacedesign @AccentYourself @fannnart @vacayoutravel @camilacurls 

What do you think about my curiosity?

Have a wonderful day folks 😊

Please visit and follow my channel AOG.Arkados 😊

1 Kudo
3 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I think you present some interesting ideas @anonlineguy . I think you may be on to something in point #1, especially with the growth of Pinterest Live! 

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@anonlineguy - thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas! I feel you on the fourth one - it sure does take time to grow and see results! 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@anonlineguy 

Hi I am completely vibing on #2 enjoying Pinterest rather than just searching.

I think having the opportunity to just enjoy what your seeing rather than only searching is such a gret idea.

Lisa

1 Kudo