Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I learned that I'm funny. 🤣🤣🤣 What have you learned about yourself - through creating content?

JanaOMedia
Marvel

Fun question for you all: 

What have you learned about yourself - through/by creating content?

For example, I *never* would have considered myself a funny person before I started creating Idea pins and IG reels. But I have found that I have a pretty good sense of comedic timing (honed by making short form video!) - and I can make people laugh when I try! :))) 

Your turn: 

What have you learned about yourself - through creating content?

I'm exited to read your answers!

6 Kudos
7 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Fun topic, @JanaOMedia ! I've learned how much of a slow talker I am. 🤭 I speed my voice up a tad for voiceovers so the people won't be too bored. 😅🤣

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Lol @hellohomegirl - I am the opposite! I yammer on quickly and sometimes have to re-record because I went too fast. 🙂 

2 Kudos
moonlightbyAM
Posts regularly

Ah, this is such a great & thoughtful question! 

Through content creation, I learn that I’m really uncomfortable talking or showing my face to the camera 🙈 Like I feel extremely awkward lol but I want to overcome that to not only build confidence but also to diversify my content. I am thinking about applying to be on Pinterest TV.

I don’t want to brag but another thing is I think I  could be very creative sometimes 😆 

5 Kudos
freelynat
Just visiting

That's awesome!

I've learned that showing up matters. I've been going through a bit of a shift and noticed that I've been able to hone in on my online tribe. 

5 Kudos
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Omg, yes @hellohomegirl ! Realizing that I've learned the same thing but it's not us, loves, it's the extremely low attention span of the "users" on platforms due to the super high consumption of video content on platforms like TikTok. We're conditioned to live everything in fast mode...

And this is yet another solid reason for me to just love Pinterest, no one pushes me here to mad scroll, it's significantly peaceful.

2 Kudos
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

I love this topic! You always come up with such good stuff. I kinda of knew this already but I learned damm, my creative brain literally hardly stops and I have so many idea flowing through me at all times. It comes so naturally to me. I can look at something and see a so many ideas and a clear vision. I really love the way I can bring my creativity here to Pinterest and also tweak things to make it work with keywords. 

1 Kudo
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

Oh I so get this! I used to be very uncomfortable with this as well in the past. Still comes up at times. I actually used to have really bad social anxiety in the past which I healed by stepping out my my comfort zone so many times and by using holistic modalities like Breathwork. It literally saved my life and shifted so much for me. I also just did Pinterest TV and will be doing it again next month. I def. felt nervous at first but actually enjoyed the process. 

0 Kudos