Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I don't feel safe on Pinterest

veronikalipar
Loves to help

Hi!

I pointed out this problem to Pinterest already but haven't received any response yet, so I want your feedback on how safe you feel about certain people pinning your pins and using them for their personal satisfaction. And no, I don't mean anything normal, but what we could define as a violation of your body. And browsing your boards like they were Playboy magazine.

I feel unsafe and violated knowing men are pinning my pictures (in which I'm wearing high heels, tights and mini skirts/dresses) to their word removed per Community Guidelines boards. I check every notification to see who and where is pinning my pins with a closeup of shoes or pins with mini skirts/dresses and check every single new follower and block them if they have word removed per Community Guidelines boards, but that doesn't prevent them from pinning my photos to their boards as they can find them all on my website.

Anyway, the point is, I wish Pinterest wouldn't show my photos to men with word removed per Community Guidelines boards (boards with high heels, girls in tights, word removed per Community Guidelines etc.). I feel unsafe and won't even use words such as tights (even though I know it would help ladies with styling tights and skirts) in my pin descriptions just to make sure men won't find my pins so easily.

What can I do - apart from leaving Pinterest, deleting all my content from Pinterest, and preventing users from pinning or saving photos from my website?

2 Kudos
5 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I have no solutions, just offering support to you and affirming the validity of your concerns. @veronikalipar 

2 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

Thank you, @hellohomegirl 

1 Kudo
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @veronikalipar thank you for coming forward and expressing your concerns here in the PBC. Pinner safety and privacy is extremely important to us and we've gone ahead and escalated this to our Trust & Safety team. The best thing to do is to file a report here so that our team can investigate and take appropriate action. Additionally you can also anonymously report content and accounts at any time (more here). Again, we're sorry to hear about your experience and we hope this information is helpful. 

6 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

Thank you, Jazmin. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
anonlineguy
Just visiting

Up! This is a very interesting safety and security concern @veronikalipar and thank you for your attention @PinterestJazmin , Btw, I am here representing a man and his feelings who may have been judged by dear @veronikalipar . Anyway I have some ideas as part of the resolution i.e. when creating a pin there should be an advanced option for the following functionality;

• Selection of the audience area such as public, friends, kids, certain age, certain country/language, or private;
  • Selection of gender option;
  • The Pinning Restriction option is where a pin cannot be pinned by others.
  • An option to disable comments, and comments that must be moderated first by the pin creator.

That's all and what do you think dear friends   @bodymindmood @JanaOMedia @NotABondGirl @hellohomegirl @everydaylifewithlaura @mmillerrr15 @terezatoledo @natashaewards @TailoredByTT @carlyyyyxoo  @itsmorganashley_ @AccentYourself @michaelbliss @ArtsyCraftery @hellohomegirl @foxfacedesign @AccentYourself @fannnart @vacayoutravel @camilacurls 

I am 1,000% supporting you @veronikalipar and I think Pinterest should take action immediately ⛹️‍♂️🤾‍♂️

1 Kudo