Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How exactly is Pinterest defining "creator"?

park_road_studios
Just visiting

I ask because I see the emphasis on idea pins. And I see Pinterest TV.

Video is my primary teaching tool, so Pinterest's shift in focus to video is fine with me. I'm a creator in search of a platform.

But it seems like vertical video is the only kind of video Pinterest supports. And by "supports" I don't mean technically, I mean "practically." I know we can upload horizontal videos up to 15 minutes long.

Being able to upload horizontal videos doesn't mean anything if they're not going to shown to anyone.

I went through all the Pinterest Pioneer profiles. Can you show some examples of successful Pinterest profiles that use horizontal video as the primary, or at least a significant part of their pinning strategy?

I don't want to waste effort posting content in a format that will never succeed on the platform.

Is Pinterest a platform for all video creators, or only vertical video creators?

If it's the former, can you reference some profiles that support that assertion?

1 Kudo
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @park_road_studios 

Thanks for visiting PBC!

Pinterest's images and videos have always been vertical from day 1...we're talking since March 2010. 

To fully understand what works today I recommend taking some time to read this https://business.pinterest.com/creators/

Bottom line, you're not going to waste your time with a vertical format because that's what Pinterest wants. I hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
park_road_studios
Just visiting

It's not vertical video I'm asking about. I'm asking about horizontal (16:9).

We are able to upload horizontal videos of up to 15 minutes long: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/video-pins

But is it a waste of effort to do so?

How, if at all, does horizontal video factor into Pinterest's creator roadmap?

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

@park_road_studios Horizontal is used for ads. Bottom line, focus on vertical for both organic and paid ads. 

1 Kudo