Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Help with brand new account

bohemianbranches
Just visiting

Hello everyone! I started a brand new account about 2 months ago. I wasn't expecting much from it since it's new, but I have had about 80k impressions and decent engagement that is on a steep incline on a daily basis. I am almost at the 8 week mark and I am starting to get repins, likes, and saves trickling in, which is great! I am very happy with my impressions and audience size, etc. 

However, I am not getting followers-like at all. I have been researching what to do and following the tips, but so far nothing. I try engaging with other creators on pins but they don't respond. I am very niche and haven't been able to find group boards I align with. I am just learning Pinterest, so I'm not sure if any of this is normal or what I can/should expect for my account. My content is high quality, so I am sure that isn't the issue. I am hoping this is just because it takes time for a following to build. 

I really want to understand if I'm doing something wrong so I can improve. I am a florist/stylist and love sharing my work and seeing other people's beautiful work as well! If anyone has time to look over my profile or offer some tips on how I can improve, I would love your feedback. Thank you so much!

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @bohemianbranches I just followed you and pinned a few to our wedding/floral board. Welcome to Pinterest. Don´t be discouraged because your Pinterest is great and it will pick up. Few thoughts.

1) Our account only has about 1K followers and I have never cared. Why? Seasonally we get over 1m monthly views and more importantly convert sales from Pinterest daily. Those last two points are much more important to me and my focus on building/sustaining, they also have zero to do with followers in our case.

2) While Pinterest is widely considered a social media channel, I don´t think it is. It is more search engine optimization SEO and an idea/shopping site. SEO takes more time and can have long lasting benefits. Case in point, we have a blog post from 2014 trending right now. Because brides are looking for trends that we did then!  

3) Trends. Pinterest trends reports are incredibly valuable. More important in my perspective is when you see your own trends taking shape (what is getting saved where and traffic to your site), you will start shaking your head in agreement with the Pinterest trends reports. You will have the data. This is gold for marketers and the Pinterest secret.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications, more discussion. 

David

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
3 Replies
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @bohemianbranches I just followed you and pinned a few to our wedding/floral board. Welcome to Pinterest. Don´t be discouraged because your Pinterest is great and it will pick up. Few thoughts.

1) Our account only has about 1K followers and I have never cared. Why? Seasonally we get over 1m monthly views and more importantly convert sales from Pinterest daily. Those last two points are much more important to me and my focus on building/sustaining, they also have zero to do with followers in our case.

2) While Pinterest is widely considered a social media channel, I don´t think it is. It is more search engine optimization SEO and an idea/shopping site. SEO takes more time and can have long lasting benefits. Case in point, we have a blog post from 2014 trending right now. Because brides are looking for trends that we did then!  

3) Trends. Pinterest trends reports are incredibly valuable. More important in my perspective is when you see your own trends taking shape (what is getting saved where and traffic to your site), you will start shaking your head in agreement with the Pinterest trends reports. You will have the data. This is gold for marketers and the Pinterest secret.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications, more discussion. 

David

5 Kudos
bohemianbranches
Just visiting

Wow, thank you for the follow and your thoughtful feedback. I truly appreciate your insight and taking the time to reach out to me! 

2 Kudos
digbounce1

@bohemianbranches I've also this problem and I hope it will be okay if you don't give up

1 Kudo