Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Extremely discouraging

Shaleitra
Just visiting

Why 150 saved pins to be accepted into the program? I qualify for everything else except that. I gave up on Pinterest & uninstalled the app. The ONLY reason I reinstalled was because of possible sponsorships from other sources of media. I’m thinking of deleting the Pinterest app again this time for good. It was Honestly a waste of my time.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @Shaleitra! I'm sorry to hear you're discouraged. I noticed you've been creating Idea pins since April - and that's not very long in "Pinterest-time." It can take time to grow an audience - and grow in engagement (like saves) on the platform.

I wrote about that a bit here in this article, if you care to learn more! I hope you find it helpful! 
https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/earning-money-as-a-pinterest-creator/td-p/37790 

I have a few questions for you, too. These are sort of like journal prompts that I suggest clients and students work through - when they are creating content and want to increase engagement (including saves, which are very important for Pinterest success!) 

1) Who is your ideal audience? What type of pinners do you want to find you in search? 

2) What would your ideal pinner be thinking when she saves your pin to a board?

What problems do you solve for those pinners? - Be super-specific!)

Why specifically would she be thinking, "Huh! I think I'll save this, because I'd like to go back to it later." ?

3) What keywords are they searching - around your topics? (Come up with at least ten, and start using those keywords in your pins, boards, and profiles. Remember to use them in sentences. Don't "keyword-stuff.") 

There are people in this forum who are happy to help you work toward getting more reach, engagement, and saves. But it can take time! 

And here's the most important part:

We as creators get saves when pinners find our content to be awesome and "save-worthy!"

So the key to all of this is really digging into understanding your audience and making content for them - content that they find irresistible, unique in some way, and really helpful and inspiring.

We have to focus on them - and come to Pinterest with the *intention* to serve our audiences with our content. 

I hope this helps you get re-inspired! 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @Shaleitra! I'm sorry to hear you're discouraged. I noticed you've been creating Idea pins since April - and that's not very long in "Pinterest-time." It can take time to grow an audience - and grow in engagement (like saves) on the platform.

I wrote about that a bit here in this article, if you care to learn more! I hope you find it helpful! 
https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/earning-money-as-a-pinterest-creator/td-p/37790 

I have a few questions for you, too. These are sort of like journal prompts that I suggest clients and students work through - when they are creating content and want to increase engagement (including saves, which are very important for Pinterest success!) 

1) Who is your ideal audience? What type of pinners do you want to find you in search? 

2) What would your ideal pinner be thinking when she saves your pin to a board?

What problems do you solve for those pinners? - Be super-specific!)

Why specifically would she be thinking, "Huh! I think I'll save this, because I'd like to go back to it later." ?

3) What keywords are they searching - around your topics? (Come up with at least ten, and start using those keywords in your pins, boards, and profiles. Remember to use them in sentences. Don't "keyword-stuff.") 

There are people in this forum who are happy to help you work toward getting more reach, engagement, and saves. But it can take time! 

And here's the most important part:

We as creators get saves when pinners find our content to be awesome and "save-worthy!"

So the key to all of this is really digging into understanding your audience and making content for them - content that they find irresistible, unique in some way, and really helpful and inspiring.

We have to focus on them - and come to Pinterest with the *intention* to serve our audiences with our content. 

I hope this helps you get re-inspired! 

2 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @JanaOMedia . Thank you for sharing such valuable information! A follow-up off @Shaleitra 's question:

I read your observation that it takes months, even years, for creators to create high-quality content. I'm sure this depends on a creator's individual journey. What is maybe a ballpark amount of time you've seen most commonly that creators take to pick up steam here on Pinterest while following best practices? Maybe that maybe help inspire folks to see the whole picture as well. If you answer, I thank you kindly. ❤️

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@hellohomegirl , hello! First, I just followed you over on my personal account - and I am totally switching out a pull string light that drives me bonkers (because I'm short and can't reach it.) 

But I digress... 🙂 

I may have been unclear above, but I did not mean that it can take months or years for creators to create high-quality content.

In fact, I've had many students and clients come over to Pinterest, start a new account, and create really awesome content right out of the gate. (Often, they've been creating on other platforms and have a really strong voice, style, body of work, etc.)

(It's also important to note that for some people it DOES take time to find their voice, style, niche, etc on Pinterest - and to get to know what their audience wants, too! And that is okay, too!) 

The part that I was saying can take time is gaining traction on Pinterest and growing an audience here.

Of course, people do grow faster when they are focused on the needs and interests of their audience and are really solving problems (like that darn light problem I have, actually! LOL. Thx for the solution!). And when they are following best practices (e.g. compelling and descriptive text overlay, optimized pin titles, helpful details in the notes, etc.) 

As far as a ballpark amount of time... I *wish* I had an accurate answer to that, but it's truly different for everyone. Your niche and topics, the amount of content you're creating, seasonality, whether you have an audience to bring to your account... so many factors come in to it.

The very best I could do on this question would be to say that it usually takes at least 6 to 9 months of consistent pinning (*AND* following creator best practices) for most of my students and clients to really say, "Oh!! This is working and I'm so glad I started doing it!" 

I hope this is helpful!

1 Kudo
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you @JanaOMedia for the follow and the awesome advice. For the record, you did make yourself clear about the months and years blurb. That was a mistake on my part that I didn't include the "to gain traction" part. My apologies! I actually said it in my head but forgot to type it on here -- LOL!

I value your advice and I'm glad could offer you a solution to that pesky light situation! ❤️ And @Shaleitra , I wish you the best of luck on your Pinterest journey if you find that this place is a good fit for you! Helpful folks are here if you choose to stay.

0 Kudos