Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Engagement Comments Question is it Spam

KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby @PinterestAlia  @PinterestJazmin  Can anyone offer insight please? The thought was years ago you cautiously pinned/re- pinned/followed boards etc due to being spammy and your account being disabled correct? Or at least that is what some bloggers would discuss. 

So now with Idea Pins and goals of encouraging likes/reactions/saves will the algorithms flag accounts - obviously you want serious engagement and interactions and not just rapid likes and all- many tend to do that on other platforms as they quickly scroll through (society moves quickly) 

So when we actively engage, comment, use the reaction feature that I now see in comments / how much is to much? 

Can  accounts be jeopardized like many believe will happen? 

Thanks!
@PinterestGabby @PinterestAlia @PinterestJazmin

2 Kudos
5 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I don’t have a definite answer, but anything that seems like is being done in an automated manner could trigger being flagged in other platforms. I’d believe that as long as it is like what a person would manually do, there shouldn’t be an issue. 
I’m have no idea how PInterest would react to situations that resemble engagement pods. 

5 Kudos
KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

Thanks - with creator idea pins they are encouraging the saves/comments so if you market to your customers and post a cute pin and direct them to Pinterest was just not sure if the system would flag it as suspicious if it gathered a lot of activity 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I think rules will be learned and made up as we go. I wouldn’t worry about getting too much engagement or engaging too much with other creators content at this moment. 

3 Kudos
aloniebeauty
Loves to help

@KaileysMonogramShop hey love you always come in with the best questions I was wondering this myself because you know me I love to engagement and repin others because I know it can help so many, but sometimes I would be like oh lord let me chill before Pinterest think am a spammer when am just trying to give engage & support… this is why I created the support board … 

2 Kudos
KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

Girl thanks! Yes on IG they would send me to time out for showing to much love and support  / so stepping around cautiously as I love everyone’s creations! 

1 Kudo