Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Tips and Tricks

everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi creators!

My name is Laura, and as a Pinterest Pioneer, I want to share a few helpful tips and tricks with you all that have helped me on my journey as a Pinterest Creator.

Whether you are a seasoned creator, or just getting into the magic of it all, some basic best practices remain true for everyone:

1. Utilize this community! There are so many helpful resources here, including talented creators and experts in social media marketing. Take time to check in on daily posts, read reply’s, and don’t be too intimidated to ask questions.
  2. Connect! Pinterest is a SOCIAL media platform. So, be social! Take time to friend others who inspire you on the PBC and Pinterest. Don’t forget to like and save your favorite pins too.
  3. Add a bio to your Pinterest profile and your profile here on the PBC. This makes it easy for others to see exactly who you are and why they should follow you.
  4. Be consistent with your pinning. Consistency is key in growing any business, especially online. Your audience needs to know what to expect from you and when to expect it. Aim for posting niche specific content AT LEAST once a week to see growth.
  5. Check the monthly trends to see what type of content is performing best. With a little creativity, you should be able to adapt the trends to fit your niche. Trended content usually performs best.
  6. Be mindful of margins. There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on an enticing pin, only to have the caption or image cut off by the margins or overlay. Check before you post!    
  7. Create Idea Pins! Idea pins are “the talk of the town” here at Pinterest, and my advice is join in on the conversation (: When creating idea pins, the following tips may help them perform best⬇️

•Use video instead of static image for the first slide
    •Use only vertical, high quality images/videos. 
    •Try to add a minimum of 3-4 slides to each Idea Pin. 
    •Utilize the last slide of an Idea Pin to invite fellow pinners to like your pin and follow you. This is a great place to add your logo and brand colors to a personal image which keeps you easily recognizable for the future.
    •Idea Pins now have the ability to include product links, animated stickers, @mentions, add a take and more! The more of these options you take advantage of the more likely your pin is to perform well.
    •Encourage your audience to engage by adding a call to action in your pin and remind them to leave a comment, save the pin, or add a take!        
    • Refrain from posting watermarked pins from other platforms. They won’t perform as well.                    

I hope some of these basic tips are helpful. Be sure to check out the attached Pinterest links AND LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION BELOW 

Happy Pinning!

https://business.pinterest.com/en/creative-best-practices/

https://trends.pinterest.com/

76 Kudos
44 Replies
BLiveMediaTV
Just visiting

So glad I joined this community, thank you!!!  Finding the Creator Community has made me want to put more energy and effort into Pinterest. (Bridgetti)

1 Kudo
cannabrowngirl
Just visiting

Thank you so much for these pointers ! I’m excited to be apart of the community:) Let’s Pioneer Together 💪🏾

xo, CannABrownGirl?

1 Kudo
Iloveyouyourcute
Just visiting

Hey can you give me some specific tips?

1 Kudo
sharilisken
Just visiting

Hi Laura!

So happy I came across this post. I will definitely keep your tips in mind when posting. Appreciate you!💕

- Shari 

2 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@thekidlitmama and @royallinephotography My apologies for somehow missing your questions in this convo until now!😳

Just in case you are still on the hunt for an answer I am sharing this link  for Fall trends. Also, @PinterestJoan posts regularly here in the PBC with helpful “Tuesday Tips” and regular trending content.  

It may also be helpful to follow the  Pinterest creators account on Pinterest. The trends are usually made into story pins there.  

Finally, follow this link to access monthly trending pin content via Pinterest.

Hope this helps!!! Let me know if you have more questions!

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@BestFunGifts  Wow! Much appreciation for the share! I plan to return the favor very soon! 

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

You’re very welcome! Thanks for your feedback! Let me know if there is other specific content to you would like to see!

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi @shelbyyxxlynn Thanks for the follow and feedback! I’ve followed you back as well! Looking forward to seeing your content in my Pinterest feed 😍

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@IloveyouyourcuteI just took a look at your Pinterest profile and friended you on the PBC. My first step would be to link your Pinterest profile to your account on the PBC.

Next, I would work on building content for your Pinterest account using tips in the above article. 

Let me know if you have more questions about a specific area of interest. 

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@BLiveMediaTV I am so happy to hear that! 
amd I feel the same way! Every time I spend some time here in the PBC connecting with you guys and reading up on others’ ideas and advice it fuels my motivation! 

0 Kudos