Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Tips and Tricks

everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi creators!

My name is Laura, and as a Pinterest Pioneer, I want to share a few helpful tips and tricks with you all that have helped me on my journey as a Pinterest Creator.

Whether you are a seasoned creator, or just getting into the magic of it all, some basic best practices remain true for everyone:

1. Utilize this community! There are so many helpful resources here, including talented creators and experts in social media marketing. Take time to check in on daily posts, read reply’s, and don’t be too intimidated to ask questions.
  2. Connect! Pinterest is a SOCIAL media platform. So, be social! Take time to friend others who inspire you on the PBC and Pinterest. Don’t forget to like and save your favorite pins too.
  3. Add a bio to your Pinterest profile and your profile here on the PBC. This makes it easy for others to see exactly who you are and why they should follow you.
  4. Be consistent with your pinning. Consistency is key in growing any business, especially online. Your audience needs to know what to expect from you and when to expect it. Aim for posting niche specific content AT LEAST once a week to see growth.
  5. Check the monthly trends to see what type of content is performing best. With a little creativity, you should be able to adapt the trends to fit your niche. Trended content usually performs best.
  6. Be mindful of margins. There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on an enticing pin, only to have the caption or image cut off by the margins or overlay. Check before you post!    
  7. Create Idea Pins! Idea pins are “the talk of the town” here at Pinterest, and my advice is join in on the conversation (: When creating idea pins, the following tips may help them perform best⬇️

•Use video instead of static image for the first slide
    •Use only vertical, high quality images/videos. 
    •Try to add a minimum of 3-4 slides to each Idea Pin. 
    •Utilize the last slide of an Idea Pin to invite fellow pinners to like your pin and follow you. This is a great place to add your logo and brand colors to a personal image which keeps you easily recognizable for the future.
    •Idea Pins now have the ability to include product links, animated stickers, @mentions, add a take and more! The more of these options you take advantage of the more likely your pin is to perform well.
    •Encourage your audience to engage by adding a call to action in your pin and remind them to leave a comment, save the pin, or add a take!        
    • Refrain from posting watermarked pins from other platforms. They won’t perform as well.                    

I hope some of these basic tips are helpful. Be sure to check out the attached Pinterest links AND LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION BELOW 

Happy Pinning!

https://business.pinterest.com/en/creative-best-practices/

https://trends.pinterest.com/

76 Kudos
44 Replies
royallinephotography
Just visiting

Thank you for the tips! One question - where do you find Pinterest's determined 'trending topics'?

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Great tips! Just shared this on LinkedIn and my social media accounts! xx

2 Kudos
expandvalue
Just visiting

thank you!!

Follow me on Pinterest xx

@expandvalue 

2 Kudos
tallgirlskitchen
Just visiting

@everydaylifewithlaura Thanks for sharing these details! They are very helpful!

I do have a question - How come some Idea pins, there is an option to add music and some don't? Thanks in Advance! 

2 Kudos
shelbyyxxlynn
Just visiting

I followed you! Loved these tips and your willingness to help new creators learn to thrive and grow! I am new and trying to find out the ins and outs of this platform, and it has been a lot of fun so far! 

2 Kudos
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

These are great tips and super helpful! Thank you so much. I haven't done a idea pin yet so going to do that next! 

2 Kudos
agarsidee

Thank you! So helpful!!

1 Kudo
sabrinasbiton

Hi Laura. I am completely new to Pinterest creation and it is actually my first time coming across PBC! I'm really glad to have come across your article. Articles like these are really important to help fellow creators like myself, and I am of the personal opinion that the best content comes out of collaboration. Hope to connect with you further! Thanks again!

1 Kudo
MomEEofThrEE
Just visiting

Great Advice! Thank you so much♥️

0 Kudos
bellabranchdiy
Just visiting

Thanks for the insight!  I'm NEW brand new to the Pinterest Community and I'm loving all the sharing of ideas.  😁

Happy Monday!!!  

Michele

0 Kudos