Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Tips and Tricks

everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi creators!

My name is Laura, and as a Pinterest Pioneer, I want to share a few helpful tips and tricks with you all that have helped me on my journey as a Pinterest Creator.

Whether you are a seasoned creator, or just getting into the magic of it all, some basic best practices remain true for everyone:

1. Utilize this community! There are so many helpful resources here, including talented creators and experts in social media marketing. Take time to check in on daily posts, read reply’s, and don’t be too intimidated to ask questions.
  2. Connect! Pinterest is a SOCIAL media platform. So, be social! Take time to friend others who inspire you on the PBC and Pinterest. Don’t forget to like and save your favorite pins too.
  3. Add a bio to your Pinterest profile and your profile here on the PBC. This makes it easy for others to see exactly who you are and why they should follow you.
  4. Be consistent with your pinning. Consistency is key in growing any business, especially online. Your audience needs to know what to expect from you and when to expect it. Aim for posting niche specific content AT LEAST once a week to see growth.
  5. Check the monthly trends to see what type of content is performing best. With a little creativity, you should be able to adapt the trends to fit your niche. Trended content usually performs best.
  6. Be mindful of margins. There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on an enticing pin, only to have the caption or image cut off by the margins or overlay. Check before you post!    
  7. Create Idea Pins! Idea pins are “the talk of the town” here at Pinterest, and my advice is join in on the conversation (: When creating idea pins, the following tips may help them perform best⬇️

•Use video instead of static image for the first slide
    •Use only vertical, high quality images/videos. 
    •Try to add a minimum of 3-4 slides to each Idea Pin. 
    •Utilize the last slide of an Idea Pin to invite fellow pinners to like your pin and follow you. This is a great place to add your logo and brand colors to a personal image which keeps you easily recognizable for the future.
    •Idea Pins now have the ability to include product links, animated stickers, @mentions, add a take and more! The more of these options you take advantage of the more likely your pin is to perform well.
    •Encourage your audience to engage by adding a call to action in your pin and remind them to leave a comment, save the pin, or add a take!        
    • Refrain from posting watermarked pins from other platforms. They won’t perform as well.                    

I hope some of these basic tips are helpful. Be sure to check out the attached Pinterest links AND LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION BELOW 

Happy Pinning!

https://business.pinterest.com/en/creative-best-practices/

https://trends.pinterest.com/

76 Kudos
44 Replies
steviemstarks
Just visiting

I followed you back! 🥰

1 Kudo
Rose_and_Cashmere
Just visiting

@everydaylifewithlaura Thank you for sharing this information. I’m still trying to figure out the idea pins and how to best use this feature. Your insight and advice is much appreciated! Now that I have more direction, I can’t wait to do more & experiment with my idea pins. TY!

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Followed you - Thanks for following back and sharing your thoughts on my Idea Pins.

Lisa

1 Kudo
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@Rose_and_Cashmere I’m happy that someone can learn from all of my mistakes 😂 If you ever have questions, I’m always happy to help. If I don’t know the answer, we can figure it out together. 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura 

Hi

I just gave you a follow thank you for the Pinterest ❤️ Lisa.

1 Kudo
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Same here! It’s been a trial and error process for me! 

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@bodymindmood  Thank you for the mention on your post! It takes a village to get there for sure! Appreciate you and your kind words and wisdom here on the PBC!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura 

My Pleasure 🙏🏻

I really try to encourage people who are new to the PBC to learn from all the Pinterest Pioneers that are here, we all bring something unique and special to the PBC and honestly I love sharing that.

Lisa

2 Kudos
corriellington
Posts regularly

@everydaylifewithlaura Wow this was really helpful!  My favorite was tip number 7--I will definitely keep those tips in mind when creating my next idea pin.  

2 Kudos
thekidlitmama
Just visiting

Hey, Laura! Thanks for these tips! Where's the best place to see the trends? Are they broken down weekly anywhere?

1 Kudo