Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creative best practices

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

Hi everyone -- @PinterestJanice and I noticed that there were so many great threads about creative best practices, that we wanted to merge everyone's contributions into one consolidated place for people to easily find creative tips and tricks from the community. 

Look forward to hearing you all share how to create inspiring content for Pinners! 🎨

#Protip: Be sure to check out Pinterest's creative best practices and see what other resources are available to you on the Pinterest Business site.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@marketing7062 

Thank you for the feedback! I see what you are saying the photo does not fit with the them of the message! 

1 Kudo
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Wow @thelivehim This extremely helpful information! I see what you mean by colors. I was using those colors from our website. Trying to keep brand recognition. But It might be good to go a little out of that to get more engaging content. 

I will go ahead and give these a shot to see what happens. This feedback is extremely helpful. I will let you know how they do! 

1 Kudo
marketing7062
Just visiting

@RealWoodFloorsWP 

actually I am saying "seasonal personality" seems to me to have little to do with wood floors. See the image below of the search results for seasonal personality. Nothing there connects the term with wood floors or any floors as I see it.

marketing7062_0-1581515795790.png

Also there is this article which may relate to this: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-single-reason-why-people-can-t-write-according-to-a-harvard-p...

The words have to make sense to others you are aiming to reach. The words you choose matters. The colors less so. Images have to belong in the thought sphere of the words or vice versa.

Hope this perspective is of use.

2 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

I like the white layout better as well!

Are you able to advertise a solution within your wording? For example, I would be more inclined to click on, "How to choose a floor color" vs. something that says "Floor color" because the blog post would be solving a problem for me. Not sure the context around the article, but something to keep in mind!! 🙂 

1 Kudo
vibeva
Just visiting

Yes, I have to totally agree. Your pins are beautiful, but, I am not sure about "seasonal personality." I don't think I could even connect the two, but in terms of promoting and/or directing your followers/viewers to these pins would be enough to attract me if I was looking at flooring. Maybe something like...'how to choose wood flooring colors based on your personality.' 

I hope this helps and you know I have lots to learn too! 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey there!
It's been a long time I use Pinterest for my business. On those weird days which we stuck at home, we have a great oppurtunity to grow our online business.So I wanted to share some hacks that I am using for to grow my website traffic. So here are some hacks:
1. Enable Rich pins because they help you get better rankings in Pinterest search results. So you get more likes, repins and traffic to your site.
2. When a lot of people save images from your site to relevant boards, with relevant keywords in the pin description your pins get viral. So make sure your pins are high quality and interesting.
3. Pinterest traffic is highly related to seasons, holidays, public events and trends. This means that you can grow your traffic by following these trends and planning your content ahead of time. You need to post your content a little bit in advance; so you can get a lot more traffic by the peak time.
I hope these will help someone from the Community.
Stay at home and safe !
-Sophia-

8 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

I want to add to that: consistency is key 🙂 

do not spam with loads of pins but do pin daily and you will see results 🙂

2 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Cool and useful ideas 🙂

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amazing, Sophia!! Love this. Some other tips...

• Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin. 
  • Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results.
  • Pin Quality is 👑. People see Pins on boards, in their home feed, in category feeds, and in searches. The more engagement a Pin receives, the higher it appears in feeds and search results.
  • To @AmericanoCrystals' point about seasonal content and getting ahead, plan your seasonal content about 30-45 days ahead of the big day so your top-of-mind when people come to discover and get inspired. People use Pinterest to plan, so be sure to factor the timing into your content strategy! 

Be sure to also check out our creative best practicescontent tips and insights page📌

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@voxdominus THANKS 🙂

1 Kudo