Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Could this be a Pinterest software bug?

kaysmars
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hi there,

We are already in the Verified Merchant Program for 2 years. Nothing has changed on our site, our quality is better than before. We do not understand why we are entering the approval process again right now. the Merchant Program cancels our approval twice a year. 

We produce quality content and try to make Pinterest better, but even our tickets are not answered.

Could this be a Pinterest software bug?

Thank you for the help, have a nice day

@bodymindmood 

@PinterestJazmin 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kaysmars 

Hi

I had a look at your website and there are a couple of things that stand out to me (no guarantee - the decision always lies with Pinterest + Verified Merchant Program)

I am linking to a copy of the Merchant Guidelines I would encourage you to go through them again.

Pinterest does not allow Marketplaces | Consignment Marketplaces which when I looked at your site you discuss Suppliers in other countries et al. - it appears that you are a Marketplace.

I have copied + pasted a portion of the Merchant Requirements for you to see below….I noticed there are a number of grammar + spelling errors on your site, these are also a potential issue for you.

Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:

• Have poor editorial content, including:
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
    • Broken links or incomplete pages
  • Have unoriginal content, including:
    • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
    • Stock images

What I can tell you is that you will need to review these issues before reapplying to the program - if they are not addressed I would say that Pinterest will not accept an application or appeal from you.

Again, I know this is not an answer you want but it is the reality of the Verified Merchant Program and there is no way to modify or change the requirements they are what they are.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
9 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kaysmars 

I read your post and I'm sorry you're having to go through this again.

While I cannot speak to your specific issue what I can tell you is that there have been many Verified Merchants coming into the PBC with similar questions and issues - so please know you are not alone.

I have noticed that Pinterest has begun an evaluation of Verified Merchants but I don't know why nor can I give you an exact answer.

What I can suggest is to review the Merchant Guidelines for Verified Merchants and just ensure that you still qualify and meet all Verified Merchant Guidelines.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but I do hope this will provide some relief.

Lisa

1 Kudo
kaysmars
Just visiting

Yes many users came here with similar questions and issues 

I think the Pinterest team is doing this on their own, because most accounts don't meet Merchant's terms and they are still active, but they're making people like us Merchant compliant also inactive.

Those who have problems like us are all posting quality content on pinterest without spamming.

I hope the pinterest support team sees this issue and reaches out to us. Because it's not nice for the support team to ignore us.

Thank you and have a good day

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kaysmars 

Hi

I had a look at your website and there are a couple of things that stand out to me (no guarantee - the decision always lies with Pinterest + Verified Merchant Program)

I am linking to a copy of the Merchant Guidelines I would encourage you to go through them again.

Pinterest does not allow Marketplaces | Consignment Marketplaces which when I looked at your site you discuss Suppliers in other countries et al. - it appears that you are a Marketplace.

I have copied + pasted a portion of the Merchant Requirements for you to see below….I noticed there are a number of grammar + spelling errors on your site, these are also a potential issue for you.

Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:

• Have poor editorial content, including:
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
    • Broken links or incomplete pages
  • Have unoriginal content, including:
    • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
    • Stock images

What I can tell you is that you will need to review these issues before reapplying to the program - if they are not addressed I would say that Pinterest will not accept an application or appeal from you.

Again, I know this is not an answer you want but it is the reality of the Verified Merchant Program and there is no way to modify or change the requirements they are what they are.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo
kaysmars
Just visiting

Thanks for helping 

@bodymindmood

We made a collective change taking into account what you said.

Do we have a chance to apply again after two objections?

thank you have a nice day

1 Kudo
kaysmars
Just visiting

Thanks for helping

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kaysmars 

Hi 

I believe you do if I understand correctly you will be notified of how many appeals you have left - to my knowledge you have 30 days to make the necessary changes I would make the change(s) and wait at least 24 hours before doing anything. 

I went over some additional information re the Verified Merchant Program and it is my understanding that if the change(s) you made are satisfactory you would go back to having VMP status.

I hope this helps you and I have my fingers crossed that you will be successful. Unfortunately, only the VMP Team can guarantee your status.

Lisa

1 Kudo
kaysmars
Just visiting

Thank you for this nice information.
Pinterest admin team should see you and reward you, thank you very much

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kaysmars 

Hi 

I appreciate that...Thank You.

I know that some things can be difficult but I am certain that this is all for the greater good.

Please share how you make out.

Lisa

1 Kudo
TeacupsPawCouture
Just visiting

Us too.  We had been approved and now have been removed and can't get help in what needs to be fixed.  Nothing changed on our store either.

0 Kudos