Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Content inspo and motivation

thatgirlsaphy
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I am new in this journey and I’m finding that the hardest part is coming up with content inspirations. 

Does anyone have any tips and tricks ? I would appreciate it 

5 Kudos
22 Replies
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Thanks for the tag @michaelbliss !  I “try” to keep my phone on record whenever I’m making. Of course, I forget most of the time. I don’t need a lot of inspiration for my posts…jewelry making, strength training/exercise, and some baking. My biggest challenge is to record what I do & make!  The worst thing is when I’ve had a great workout or made something different and I’ve forgotten to record! 🤣

I do try to always think about jewelry making and fitness from a beginner point of view. I’ve worked in the fitness industry since 1987 and have been making jewelry for 20+ years, so I try to consider people with no background or knowledge of the subject. 

I hope this helps! 

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@AccentYourself - THAT is GOLD: 

"I do try to always think about jewelry making and fitness from a beginner point of view."

Such a good insight and strategy! 

0 Kudos
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Oh…and I have to always remember to slow it down and explain how & why. Stuff that’s just automatic for me, might not be for everyone else. 

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Though I've made a few Idea Pins, I still consider myself new to it also. In most of my Pins, I'm sharing my printable paintings. My inspiration in adding text to the images in the Idea Pins is thinking about how I want my potential customers to think about the paintings. I usually go for one-word or short phrases on each image telling the viewer how to think as they view the images.

One of my fav paintings is Tropical Pier At Morning. I used the words Restful, Peaceful, Serene to lead the potential customer into feeling that displaying this painting will evoke this type of atmosphere in their environment. So, inspiration on how I style my content generally comes from how I want the customer to feel. This is because I am selling more than a product. I'm selling an emotion, a feeling, an experience.

Good luck to you on your new journey!

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

I just took a second look at the Trends tool. I hope to be using it more often. I like the ability to

Engage with different types of trends
Use growing trends to find trends with high growth in search volume within the last 90 days. See top monthly trends for trends with high search volume within the last 30 days. Look at seasonal trends to uncover trends that repeat each year.

I think my best focus for now would be to Look at seasonal trends to uncover trends that repeat each year.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Let's hear from more creators, you are the experts!

Tagging @TheLayaB @thehandcraftedhaven @RebeccaDIY @CraftGrooms

@thatgirlsaphy  is asking for tips and tricks about content inspiration. What can you share?

1 Kudo
MillsDigitalMedia_Macy
Just visiting

Thank you for tagging me!!

Creating content can be so rewarding, fun, thrilling, and fulfilling for the most part. However, as a Social Media Manager who manages over 10 different business types of social media accts. coming up with constant new content can sometimes be mentally draining.

I find doing personal research to be the most effective way to find new, fresh, and different ideas - I will go out to a local coffee shop, talk with people, sometimes learn new things, maybe bring up one of the business accts I manage and get their immediate reaction. 

Sometimes engaging with your audience in real life will bring new ideas to the table.

hope this helps xoxo

1 Kudo
elrickjones
Posts regularly

@michaelbliss @Thanks for the tag!!

My inspiration comes from giving the world ME. For me, it’s about being genuine, authentic, and truly expressing and sharing your gifts with the world! 

People are looking for everything that we have to offer them, but most importantly, they are seeking real connections. So make it your duty to give them that connection piece and everything else will flow from that! 

I believe whatever you feel inspired or passionate about, then share it in a way that you would with people you know. Don’t deviate from your normal! 

1 Kudo
thehandcraftedhaven
Just visiting

Thanks for the tag!

Here are some things I do to get inspiration:

1) Look for what's going viral among my fellow DIY content creators. I don't copy idea but rather look across them for themes (ex. arches in furniture, silly Halloween decor, etc.) and apply those themes in a new way/my way.

2) Look at Pinterest trends reports

3) Think about what things I do that seem super simple and obvious to me, but probably aren't to others (ex. a very successful blogger once told me that her top blog post was about how to make cinnamon and sugar - HAH! Seems silly and simple to some but apparently a lot of people don't know how to.) 

Best wishes on your content creation!

2 Kudos
TheLayaB
Just visiting

Hey! 

First, I would look at the threads of your life and build for that! Mine are Home, motherhood, marriage, and the kitchen lol

From there I think about what would people care about right now, ie. Holiday stuff and create content that falls within my pillars above regarding the holidays. 

It's important that you create content you enjoy and that actually relates to your life. It gets REALLY hard to come up with ideas if you are trying to copy others or not be true to what makes you happy. 

Magazines, blogs, and Pinterest are great places to find inspo! 

Good Luck and I hope this helps 🙂

1 Kudo