Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can't upload my story pin

sweethomelife
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I had a go at making my first story pin but I'm having no luck at all uploading it. The red line goes about 2mm then stops. 

I've tried about 6 times because I really want to publish it now!

Are there any tricks or tips I'm missing?

There are 10 slides in the pin.

2 Kudos
19 Replies
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

Sorry this is happening to you.  It happened to me as well and it was because there it a bug in the app.  Try to have the latest update and that should help a ton

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that error message, @sweethomelife. Sorry to hear that this has been happening when you're trying to respond to a question in the community. I've escalated this to our team to diagnose, I'll update here when I find out more info! 🤞

0 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Thank you @coolchillmom; I will do that.

0 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby just popped in to say I'm still getting that error message on desktop most times when I try to post a message.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that update, @sweethomelife. Working with community engineering to try and diagnose. Quick question, are you putting any special characters in the post i.e. emojis, links, images, etc. or is it just a static post? Look forward to hearing from you! 

0 Kudos
bunnybunztoyshop

Hi I'm having the same problem! With just 1 slide! Can you review my account?

0 Kudos
francisdhanabal1976

Hello. Just got an early acces today. Not able to upload anything. It just comes like*Pinterest has stopped*

0 Kudos

having the same trouble, when I tried 7 slides, I don't know if this will work with less or no!! 
Knowing that I do that previously with no problem but with less than 5 slidScreenshot (10).pngers 

0 Kudos
vibhuti010

my last story pin  was not able to published and for this reason i cannot upload more story pins further ,i am putting a image where you can see right on the top about the problem i am currently facing , kindly tell me how to fix this bughttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lg_iF8tIFfDhmkU2Y8hs3cxYOB4P8_Po/view?usp=sharing  

0 Kudos
designstudioma

I'm having a similar problem, @PinterestGabby - Ive designed about 5 Story Pins and they will not publish when I hit the red publish button, nothing happens. I hit the "x" and it stores the Story Pin to my Drafts and takes me to drafts where I can see all of the Story Pins I've created that won't publish. But then when I close out of Pinterest and go back to Story Pins "create" tab, nothing is there and I can't access my drafts. It's bizzare! I have been able to publish two Story Pins but that is all and was very early on when I got access. Since then, not able to publish. The account is: https://www.pinterest.com/designstudioma

0 Kudos