Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can't Claim my website

contactlaughlines

Hello, 

I tried claiming my website but the error is like - Sorry! laugh-lines.net has already been claimed by another user. 

I never claimed this site on any account.

How can I claim it now?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @contactlaughlines When this happens that typically means that you might have another account. Do you remember creating another account? 

0 Kudos
contactlaughlines

Hello @pinterestmarketingexpert thanks for replying. No I just bought domain 1 week ago and didn't claim it on pinterest. No I don't have any other account too.

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @contactlaughlines, welcome to the PBC! Delete this line:

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2ffa110ae9aae2d9b88ada520a10b316"/>

From the head section of your Wordpress site. Wait about 24 hours, then insert a new html tag. It should clear up after that. I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
contactlaughlines

Hey, @michaelbliss Thanks for the reply.

Tried it.

Actually, I found one account that claims my website. But at the moment I'm the owner of the site. So can Pinterest help to reverify the ownership of the site?

What is an ideal solution in such a case?

@michaelbliss  @PinterestGabby Can you help me out in this situation?

Attaching a screenshot of the previous owner account details. 

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @contactlaughlines  When it comes to ownership of a domain name, or contacting the profile you mentioned, you won't be able to find this type of help here on the PBC, however it seems you deleted the 'p:verify' line but you haven't inserted a new html tag. This means you have access to administer the domain and should be able to insert a new html tag which will claim your website.

Two other methods are appending a TXT record to your DNS, or simply uploading a custom html page, which are described here.

You can reach out to support and let them know the change of domain ownership, but they probably will refer you back here or to the help pages. Personally, I would add a DNS TXT record first and go from there. In your case it appears Fivecron is your DNS provider. I wish I could offer more help to you.

0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @contactlaughlines, welcome to the PBC! In this case I recommend filing a ticket as @michaelbliss mentioned (thanks for helping out) Let us know how it works out please! 

0 Kudos