Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Boost my Etsy sales?

holland3958

It seems when I share my etsy product photos to Pinterest they link back to my Etsy shop to buy the item. Is there something else I should do to increase visibility?

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Hello and welcome to PBC! 

First of all congrats on being on Pinterest to promote your business. Pinterest is THE platform to be right now, especially as a small business. 

Every fresh pin you create can link to your Etsy shop or whatever source you want your audience to check, this is perfect for every stage of your business. Plus, the content on Pinterest has a huge lifespan, it is practically evergreen compared to any other platform.

Regardless of your niche, it is highly important that you use (any) marketing medium with a plan in mind, while knowing your target audience very well. This will help you not only measure your marketing journey so you can improve along the way but also craft relevant messaging when posting online about your business - relevant to your audience's needs, lifestyle, and problems.

Without knowing your particular stage or niche or account status, I can only suggest the very important basics:

1. Create relevant boards based on content pillars and your business niche. The boards must be all relevant to both audience and niche. 
  2. How often do you pin and what are you pinning besides product pictures from Etsy? Craft original ideas to pin daily fresh pins. Yes, daily. Pinterest will show amazing results for you if you are very consistent and dedicated, but on a long run, so a minimum of a couple of months of being absolutely consistent it is the best way to benefit from this platform. People come on Pinterest to search for inspiration and they are primed to shop, but they must be inspired and attracted before you can convert them into clients. So think about how you can storytell about your products in Pins and Idea Pins, and show solutions that your products solve for your customers. Think about stages: brand awareness - consideration - convertion.
  3. Plan a strategy and do not be afraid to use Pinterest Ads, the campaigns can be very effective - you can learn more about how you can use Ads Manager here.
  4. Use SEO on your content on Pinterest. Never skip on relevant keywords to use (not hashtags) in your pin descriptions, boards descriptions, pin titles, idea pins.

I hope this helps, I would love to see what are you selling and how are you planning to grow and make Pinterest your business's BFF.

Best!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
1 Reply
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Hello and welcome to PBC! 

First of all congrats on being on Pinterest to promote your business. Pinterest is THE platform to be right now, especially as a small business. 

Every fresh pin you create can link to your Etsy shop or whatever source you want your audience to check, this is perfect for every stage of your business. Plus, the content on Pinterest has a huge lifespan, it is practically evergreen compared to any other platform.

Regardless of your niche, it is highly important that you use (any) marketing medium with a plan in mind, while knowing your target audience very well. This will help you not only measure your marketing journey so you can improve along the way but also craft relevant messaging when posting online about your business - relevant to your audience's needs, lifestyle, and problems.

Without knowing your particular stage or niche or account status, I can only suggest the very important basics:

1. Create relevant boards based on content pillars and your business niche. The boards must be all relevant to both audience and niche. 
  2. How often do you pin and what are you pinning besides product pictures from Etsy? Craft original ideas to pin daily fresh pins. Yes, daily. Pinterest will show amazing results for you if you are very consistent and dedicated, but on a long run, so a minimum of a couple of months of being absolutely consistent it is the best way to benefit from this platform. People come on Pinterest to search for inspiration and they are primed to shop, but they must be inspired and attracted before you can convert them into clients. So think about how you can storytell about your products in Pins and Idea Pins, and show solutions that your products solve for your customers. Think about stages: brand awareness - consideration - convertion.
  3. Plan a strategy and do not be afraid to use Pinterest Ads, the campaigns can be very effective - you can learn more about how you can use Ads Manager here.
  4. Use SEO on your content on Pinterest. Never skip on relevant keywords to use (not hashtags) in your pin descriptions, boards descriptions, pin titles, idea pins.

I hope this helps, I would love to see what are you selling and how are you planning to grow and make Pinterest your business's BFF.

Best!

1 Kudo