Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Boards become Saves

coolchillmom
Posts regularly

OK so big change today on my Pinterest account.  Most everything on the categories is gone.  We have Created, Saved, and Tried.

I assume Saved becomes the new Boards?

What should we understand this means in regards to how we use Pinterest?  Any and all insights welcomed!

3 Kudos
11 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@coolchillmom Hi there  - You are exactly right! My account has changed as well and yes Saved is the new Boards. Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@coolchillmom @therealsouthamerica    I'm still in the dark ages I guess lol... my PInterest page hasn't changed as of this morning. I still see my Boards tab!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef @coolchillmom My account just changed yesterday and the Saved Tab is the Board Tab - No worries Simone Pinterest is rolling out slowly to everyone. Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamericaGotcha Lisa... I don't understand, really... why they changed it to "Saved" as opposed to Boards. Doesn't make much sense to me, seeing how much confusion it's caused!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Yes, I see what you mean I with confusion - I think they were just trying to clean up the Main Account Page? Thoughts? Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica  My page just finally changed as of this morning. After just giving it "the once over", I don't care for the changes to be honest. Especially because they've made all the board sizes smaller on the "Saved" page & so now there's more boards in each row. I also see they've added a board called "All Pins" & I think I liked it better before when all those pins were just showing on the "Highlights" tab.

Oh well, it is what it is & I guess we have to live with it *sigh*

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hi there....I'm sorry you don't like it as much I actually kind of like the "All Pins" seems cleaner...some how. I still don't have what Charlotte has re notifications @typicallytopical

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey! Yes, I saw that change in the last update re the boards. Took me a while to figure out what had happened.

I've also got a new 'all pins' board which collates every single pin I've ever saved together. It's not something I created through do guess it's part of the update.

I'm in the UK though. I know the US gets different updates at different times. We had the story feature taken away literally as soon as it was made available lol. @therealsouthamerica 

Charlotte

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical Hi there yes I heard that some countries had the Story Pins taken away - I cannot keep up with the changes. My account just changed maybe 2 days ago. 

Side note what part of the UK are you in? I have spent a lot of time in the UK over the years recently in Christmas 2017 when things were normal...... Lisa😁

0 Kudos