Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Best Practices: Notes in Descriptions & Disclaimers

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC!

Question about best practices in an effort to support the Community Code of Conduct.

Specifically, I've been creating content about mental health, including lessons learned from therapy. I research and cite scientific studies when possible.

With regards to keeping the space from spreading misinformation, I've been adding a medical disclaimer as my final page for Idea Pins.

For Video (non-Idea) pins, since I can't upload multiple pages, I'll include this in my description. 

While I'm not providing any medical or health advice in any of my content, this is somewhat new terrority like affiilate marketing/paid partnership disclaimers. Sometimes, I wonder if it's over-doing it with health disclaimers.

The same goes for my personal finance content. I have a financial disclaimer even though my content does not include any financial advice.

Welcome any suggestions as to other best practices that would help to stay in line with the Community Code of Conduct.

All the best!

@BestFunGifts 

NotABondGirl_0-1659285184541.pngNotABondGirl_1-1659285240649.png

NotABondGirl_2-1659285312201.png

2 Kudos
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @BestFunGifts 

Disclaimers are not necessary in terms of Pinterest best practices but I do believe it's a good idea "just in case" 🙂

You don't need to create an image (or slide). Instead you can just add that piece of information under the "details" section. You can add something like this:

Please discuss with your health provider or group leaders how to best use these tips to help you better manage your health.

I hope that helps.

Please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if this answers your question.

Thank you and have a lovely day. 

0 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @pinterestmarketingexpert !

Is this happening in your view too? I can see in my notifications feed that you tagged me:

NotABondGirl_0-1659292121957.png

But when I click to view your response, I'm not able to view it:

NotABondGirl_1-1659292175515.png

That "1 Reply" is not a hyperlink. I've tried many ways to get to your response on mobile and via desktop. Anyway, I'm sure you wrote something helpful but I'm just not able to see it.

Thanks 😉

2 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades
0 Kudos