Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Best Board to Pin To

owlbbaking
Loves to help
Labels (3)

Hi Everyone! 

Wanted to get your perspective on pins & boards. 

When creating a new pin, I always heard that best practice was to pin it to the most relevant board (which makes perfect sense and I understand why that would be). However, when looking at my analytics, my top board ("Recipes from Owlbbaking.com", which is a collection of ALL my recipes) is performing the best out of all my other boards. Would it make sense to save new pins to that board instead of the sub-category since I'm technically getting the most impressions and saves there? 

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

3 Kudos
12 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@owlbbaking Hi there!

I have the same insights with one of my mixed boards. I think it is okay to pin there if all of your pins are recipies. I mean it would be awkward if you pin some fashion pins to there but it is okay to have a board with all different kind of recipies.

2 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Thanks for the insight, @AmericanoCrystals ! Makes sense. I have separate boards for Cheesecake, Cookies, Brownies etc. so when I go to post a pin that falls in one of those categories, I'm more tempted to post it on my collective board because I know more folks will see it.  But also, I'm torn because if I put it in the subcategory board, all the keywords would be more relevant. 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@owlbbaking yeah we should try and see which one is working the best! 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great thread! Wondering if other folks have thoughts on this too... @ShaundaNecoleBlog@PartynwPlants, @coolchillmom, @jfishkind, @typicallytopical -- would love to hear from y'all if you have thoughts on this subject! 🙂 

1 Kudo
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

Because it is an overlapping category, I would pin first to the  top-performing board.  That just means you need to check your analytics oftern 🙂

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@owlbbaking @coolchillmom @AmericanoCrystals Do you find the analytics change as to which board is more popular? I have one board that may be popular for a shorter time than another nothing bad just trends. Lisa😁

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica Hi Lisa!

My Halloween Gifts and Jackets are booming on these days due to fall season.

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

That makes sense, @coolchillmom !! Thanks for the insight!

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

@therealsouthamerica @AmericanoCrystals Definitely! I check my analytics on the first of every month to see what's changed and I adjust my pin strategy. Seems that for the past year at least, my "Recipes from Owlbbaking.com" is always my #1 board so I typically pin to that. I usually post content to the top 3 boards, whatever those are at the time!!

2 Kudos