Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Anyone Else Tired of Negative Commentary?

ALittleNicheShop1
Just visiting

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well! This is my first message so I hope I am in the right place. This message is in regard to another one of my Pinterest Business accounts. But does anyone find themselves getting tired of the negative commentary under pins? I am not talking about the normal occasional troll and the expected word removed per Community Guidelines comments you get every now and then. I totally understand that this is the internet and I have handled word removed per Community Guidelines commentary before!

However, I am talking about the negative and opinionated users who find something wrong with pretty much every single tutorial/product/video etc. on Pinterest. For example, I have seen people who have likely never tried/attempted a recipe or tutorial (or even worst, they didn't even follow instructions properly) encouraging others to "Don't try this", "Don't use this", "This won't work", and "Don't buy this". Sometimes these people are right and I and others are grateful for their advisement. But most times these users are people trying to be know-it-alls about a certain subject, product, or tutorial. It's disappointing to see creators who have worked hard creating really nice content only for people to flood the comments with comments focusing solely on the flaws with anything and everything. 

Forgive me if I sound really word removed per Community Guidelines and this post is a bit confusing. I've just been seeing this in the last three years or so even before starting my business accounts and it's getting a bit exhausting. Instead of people sharing they're attempts or tips regarding a post, they jump directly into being negative about it. 

Thanks for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
keiramc04
Just visiting

I often just delete any comments on my pins that are negative. It's very easy to monitor all comments on pins when you're using Pinterest on the computer and I've found that by just deleting the negative comments it makes for a nicer atmosphere on my pins. As creators we have control over which comments are on our pins and I think it's important that we put in the extra effort to make it a nicer environment.

And I hope you have an amazing day too!!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
2 Replies
keiramc04
Just visiting

I often just delete any comments on my pins that are negative. It's very easy to monitor all comments on pins when you're using Pinterest on the computer and I've found that by just deleting the negative comments it makes for a nicer atmosphere on my pins. As creators we have control over which comments are on our pins and I think it's important that we put in the extra effort to make it a nicer environment.

And I hope you have an amazing day too!!

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ALittleNicheShop1 @keiramc04  I understand how this makes you feel! It's very disheartening to read these and it seems to erase your hard work only to see negative comments show up out of nowhere.

Unfortunately, this is something you will experience more often as your community grows. Personally, I have zero tolerance if a comment is hurtful, hateful or inappropriate. I delete those and block the user. Otherwise I will leave the comment intact.

I've had many comments that disagree with me, or has a different point of view but is still somewhat negative, I'll engage with the user and see where they are coming from before deciding to leave the comment or delete. Several times I've gained a new follower by doing just that.

I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo