Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Anyone else having issues with product tags on Idea Pins?

thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

So my client just created an idea pin and tagged her product on each page, but after it was published she noticed the tags weren't clickable except for the very last page.

Here is the idea pin: https://pin.it/1bhu21l

The only thing that may be the issue is she edited (changed color and scaled) the product tag buttons on the pages where they don't work.  So I'm thinking that is the issue.  

Has anyone else run into this? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @thehalcyonhive the editing you mentioned might have added a layer because the attempt to click pauses. I have a product tag that does not work and it is smaller in scale like the links in your pin (see how the last one is larger and looks like accepting a click). I am making sure the link is in the middle because I suspect moving to a side is killing the link. Hope that helps. David 

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for your reply @ideachicretail 

Yeah, I suspect that editing the product tag is what rendered it un-clickable.  This sounds like a glitch so hopefully Pinterest will get it fixed soon!  I did submit a help ticket but we haven't heard anything back yet. 

0 Kudos
PinterestDavid

Hi @thehalcyonhive!

I’m sorry about the trouble you're experiencing with Product Tagging in your Idea Pins.

Have you heard back from our support team? I wish there was more I could do here, but the team you'll handle your ticket is better suited to help you with your issue and investigate what's causing it.

Keep us posted, we're here to help!

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PinterestDavid ! 

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately we never heard back from the support team.  😩

0 Kudos
PinterestDavid

Hi @thehalcyonhive!

I apologize for the delay in the response from our Support Team.

You should receive a reply from them soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meanwhile.

Like I previously mentioned, the team you'll handle your ticket is better suited to help you with your issue and investigate what's causing it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

0 Kudos
lifesabeachstudios

Hi, I am also having trouble linking my products in Pinterest. When I paste the link to my Etsy store product and then tap create, 8 out of 10 times I get an error message and this is soo frustrating. I don’t understand why this is happening. And weirdly I can’t seem to link anything after 5 pm. I really like this platform but I am constantly trying to link my products over and over and this is causing me to waste so much time. I really hope this is fixed, I love Pinterest but this is really trying my patience

0 Kudos
duttah

Hi. I am having the same issue. Was this issue ever resolved by support?

0 Kudos