Accuracy of Boards & Profile Following (vice Followers) Count

NotABondGirl
Posts regularly

Hey PBC,

I've read several conflicting threads on how the following count is counted. Some include Help Center responses so maybe there isn't a solution to this question.

I currently follow 3 profiles and 2 boards. It's been this way for months. Yet my following count says "32 Following". I played around with different possibilities but even if I include the total number of boards I've created, it still doesn't add up to 32.

Anyway, not a big deal but still curious as there seems to be multiple threads on this topic tracing back the past few years.

Thanks!

NotABondGirl_0-1659293434718.png

Not A Bond Girl
Pinterest nerd
2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NotABondGirl
Posts regularly

Hey @pinterestmarketingexpert !

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately, I'm not following those accounts in the screen capture. I saw that list too. Even if I was, it doesn't add up to 32.

Oh well, at least they are not spam accounts or accounts that would send spammy DM's 😉

Separately, I figured a temporary trick to be to view responses in case anyone else isn't able to view responses to their Q's. But it only works half the time...

If I'm logged out, I can view your response. Then in order to reply back, I need to log back in. But since I'm not able to see your response when logged in, I'm typing based on what I can remember from reading the response when I was logged out.

This only works for some threds. So strange. Very frustrating. Hopefully, the Help Center will respond soon.

Still have yet to view your other response in another thred...one day...maybe. Haha! Either way, I'm sure your response to my other Q was insightful. 

All the best,

@NotABondGirl 

Not A Bond Girl
Pinterest nerd

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello again @NotABondGirl 

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 1.05.59 PM.png

As you can see above I took a look at your account. Are you saying you didn't follow any of these profiles?

Rememeber the numbers under FOLLOWING includes profiles, boards and topics you have followed. 

In addition, I believe they are tweaking of this feature so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if this answers your question.

Thanks! 

Anna Bennett
0 Kudos
NotABondGirl
Posts regularly

Hey @pinterestmarketingexpert !

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately, I'm not following those accounts in the screen capture. I saw that list too. Even if I was, it doesn't add up to 32.

Oh well, at least they are not spam accounts or accounts that would send spammy DM's 😉

Separately, I figured a temporary trick to be to view responses in case anyone else isn't able to view responses to their Q's. But it only works half the time...

If I'm logged out, I can view your response. Then in order to reply back, I need to log back in. But since I'm not able to see your response when logged in, I'm typing based on what I can remember from reading the response when I was logged out.

This only works for some threds. So strange. Very frustrating. Hopefully, the Help Center will respond soon.

Still have yet to view your other response in another thred...one day...maybe. Haha! Either way, I'm sure your response to my other Q was insightful. 

All the best,

@NotABondGirl 

Not A Bond Girl
Pinterest nerd
2 Kudos