Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

90% decrease in story pin impressions.

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Has anyone noticed a decrease in story pin impressions? After several days of consistently hitting over 8K impressions, my stories are now yielding impressions in the hundreds. Is it possible to post too many stories? Are you allotted a certain amount of stories per week? Overall, I pin less than ten pins a day, often as little as five pins, and they are originals 99% of the time. It's annoying that Pinterest keeps prompting me for story pins every time I open my mobile app, I do it, and then the pin impressions tank.

@PinterestGabby 

2 Kudos
15 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Oh thank you for such beautiful words! Feel free to contact me, I will give special discounts for you and any other member of the community!

1 Kudo
travelmexicosolo
Just visiting

@muchadoaboutpets I have seen screen shots of email replies in some FB travel blogging groups I am in & also in a Reddit thread (maybe even 2 threads)...nothing from Pinterest officially. However, most people are at the point you are, where users are getting blamed for this.

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

This is the response I got after a least a dozen back and forth emails. I believe I got it on June 18th.

From Pinterest....

"I completely understand your situation!

We have come across a few partners who are facing the same issue i.e. significant drop in impressions on the pins within a day. It's one of the rare scenarios for the impressions stats to fluctuate due to technical issues.

As I mentioned earlier, we have escalated the issue to the engineering team and they are working on it. However, there is no specific timeline for the fix but please be assured it will get fixed within 8 weeks."

I think I have this right but honestly I've put tickets out there for so many broken things, I'm losing track.

3 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

@travelmexicosolo 

Thank you, it looks worse than I thought then....

So disheartening, now I'm thinking I'll be at this for months!

Sandy

0 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

@theburntsunsetnovel 

Oh wow!

Looks like I'm in for a lot of frustrating emails then...

And, after all that to receive an 8 week deadline!! 

Hoping whatever they did to fix your problem is a one size fits all solution that they'll be able to make it all back to normal at the same time or I'm guessing any chances I had of making any money off my website this year are gone.

Thank you,

Sandy

0 Kudos
seattlecrystal
Just visiting

Beautiful profile!  Follwed you. 🙂

1 Kudo