Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Which Do You Prefer? Music, Voice Over or No Sound for Idea Pins

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC,

When creating Idea Pins, do you typically add music from the library, use voice over, or have no sound?

Perhaps your pins have original sound so you don't add any additional sound?

I've been experimenting. Sometimes my pins without sound does better in terms of Saves. Other times, my pins with voice over does best.

But the difference in analytics may not have anything to do with having sound, rather than the content itself.

Which do you prefer: music, voice over or no sound? 

All the best 🎼

@BestFunGifts 

What’s Your Most Saved Pin? [ Share Success Tips! ] 

1 Kudo
25 Replies
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I usually add music but personally I don't watch content on Pinterest with my sound on.

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@bodymindmood - you nailed it. Whatever makes sense for the video and the content you're delivering. 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@JanaOMedia - I think so sometimes a good song really makes the image or video so much better.

Lisa

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood So cool that you went to their concert! They have such great songs. Btw, nice seeing ya earlier today at the RoundTable☺️

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Same here @heatherfarrisco ☺️ Most times I’m on my phone when using the Pinterest app so my volume is off. I wish iPhones would automatically insert captions for some of my videos. 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood @JanaOMedia Their songs helped me get through some awful breakups🤣 

Good to see both of you today at the RoundTable 👍

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts 

Yes, I was 19? when I saw them I went with some friends.

It was nice seeing you also.

Are you on IG?

Lisa

1 Kudo
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm okay doing all three. I don't cringe so hard at my voice when I speed it up. However, I really like making pins with music. However, as a viewer, I like all three. I feel more comfortable listening to pins with the audio on because I run into less crazy stuff here on Pinterest. 🤣

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellohomegirl Haha, yes less crazy stuff for sure! 🤣

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Must've been a blast 😃 Yes! I'm not as active on IG but I do have an account with the same handle: NotABondGirl. 

1 Kudo