Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What are your best tips for joining group boards?

lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting
Labels (1)

What are your best tips to join high performing group board On pinterest?

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
authorbrookevs
Just visiting

Hi there! I've found it's best to search for group boards that work well with the topic you write (like healthy receipes or grocery shopping tips). Once I find one I like, I will review the board to see what they require to join -- some are closed, so you need to read. When I know a board is taking new pinners, I'll follow the creator and send them a request either via the Chat or Email (Depending on their preference). Sometimes you won't hear back, but most of the time they're happy to add you!

View solution in original post

9 Kudos
12 Replies
authorbrookevs
Just visiting

Hi there! I've found it's best to search for group boards that work well with the topic you write (like healthy receipes or grocery shopping tips). Once I find one I like, I will review the board to see what they require to join -- some are closed, so you need to read. When I know a board is taking new pinners, I'll follow the creator and send them a request either via the Chat or Email (Depending on their preference). Sometimes you won't hear back, but most of the time they're happy to add you!

9 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
2 Kudos
elementalpromise
Just visiting

How do you find the boards though? I don't even know how to search for group boards (I think I might be dense)...

TIA

Jamie

3 Kudos
BlanchesPlace
Just visiting

I will take the time to view the pins being shared as I want my pins to be shared with an audience who resonates with my products. I also check to see how active the board is. I belong to several group boards and once I started updating my boards, I realized one that a few have changed directions or were not meeting my needs. You have to stay on top of the content being shared.

6 Kudos
vamicreations1
Posts regularly

Thank you @authorbrookevs! Great tips! This is something I have not done as much as I need to as I was focusing on using Tailwind Tribes to grow but will not be branching out to group boards more as well. 🙂

Have you noticed if a lot of the group boards also have rules such as for every 1 pin you add you need to pin 1 or anything similar?

Thank you!

Michele

1 Kudo
authorbrookevs
Just visiting

Hey @vamicreations1 ! Thank you 🙂 Yes - I have noticed a lot of boards that ask this and even if they don't it's still a good practice/habit to get into. The more activity a board has, the better it looks to Pinterest, and ultimately the more likely your pins will be seen.

5 Kudos
vamicreations1
Posts regularly

@authorbrookevs Thank you! You are right and something I need to get into a better habit of doing as well 🙂 Thanks!

Michele

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hey Jamie!

This is the best way that I've found group boards: look through the boards of some people you're following. Personally, I like to look at profiles of those who are larger authority figures in my niche (as those boards tend to be more active and high ranking), but it can really be anyone. 🙂

4 Kudos
mydigitalpianoreview
Just visiting

Group Board i don't prefer any more . I used to have one recipe related Group board and it had around 15K follows. 

I got feed-up cleaning all spam and irreverent pins  . Also Pinterest warned me about this . But at the end , I endup deleting the board completely.

Point is , if any group board has good amount of follows , then only  irreverent pin and spam you will find . Also i believe Pinterest also take action and any pin published there will not reach all the member afterwards. So all your effect will be lost.

Thanks

1 Kudo