Have you ever had a Pin you created go viral and suddenly take off on Pinterest?
It's pretty special when that happens because these Pins can send traffic to your site long after publishing. The only issue is, that it's almost impossible to anticipate what factors contribute most to a Pin's success.
This poll outlines many of these factors, but I'm more curious to know which, in your experience, has the biggest impact on making your Pins go viral.
1. Eye-catching visuals - For example, relevant stock images or your own branded imagery.
2. Creating fresh Pin images - For example, creating new Pin images for popular content.
3. Pins that are seasonally relevant - For example, creating Pins to target seasonal topics with a high search volume.
4. Clear & compelling pin text overlay - For example, creating compelling or intriguing copy for your Pins to create curiosity.
5. Optimizing pins for SEO with keywords - For example, using keywords in your Pin titles, descriptions, and text overlay for your content to be discovered on Pinterest.
6. Pins created to encourage user engagement - For example, using call-to-actions to encourage comments and reactions.
7. Consistency in pinning & publishing new pins - For example, publishing at least 5 fresh Pins a day.
8. Educational evergreen content - For example, creating content that is not seasonal but addresses solutions to common problems.
The more responses to the poll, the closer we can all be to figuring out the best factors that contribute to creating viral Pins! 🤓📌
For me it had everything to do with timing and the vertical and it was an Idea Pin.
👉January (first day after the holidays) + Gym
I had literally two days of dings until I reached 500,000+ impressions.
I didn't think there was anything special about my pin clearly Viral is in the eye of the Pinner. I didn't use any special keywords (at least not intentionally) I just had my gym partner film and then I posted it at 5:30am and by the time I left the gym my phone was on FIRE 🔥
I also had another pin that did go viral but I didn't know until like three days after I posted it - I thought noone like the pin and then BOOM three days later I had to turn the notifications off, the pin was about Mental Wellness nothing more specific than that but I did make an effort in design and presentation.