Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Product Pins converted back to standard Pins

PMLogosDesigns
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hello!

My name is Pratik.

I was looking for a solution to an issue I recently faced on my Pinterest account. 

I have graphic design account and I sell Design Services as well as Design Templates through my website.
I have recently started selling the templates recently. 

After a day of researching, I learned how to make Rich/product pins and I applied on my newly created design
template pin. 

After 2 days the pins got converted to Rich/Product Pins. But the on the next day All the product pins converted by to "Standard pins."

Does anyone know why this happened? Any solution to this?

Thanks,
Pratik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestFernanda

Hi @PMLogosDesigns, thank you for providing the information. 

Regarding the Analytics, the screenshot only shows an estimate. You can wait a few days until the data is verified. 

About your Catalog, you can go to your profile and then Edit Profile > Security and Logins and Revoke Access from the WooCommerce plugin. 

Please, keep working with the support team regarding the Rich Pins issue, as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi there @PMLogosDesigns, welcome to the PBC! 🙂 

I’d love to help out with this. Do you mind providing a bit more information and context so I can better assist you? Maybe send us one or two links where this happened. Any details or screenshots will help. 

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
PMLogosDesigns
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestFernanda!

Thank you for your response!

You can check the screenshots here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bSjz1fyGu7wK6dY2RlOO80rAWZhLta_h?usp=sharing

One screenshot shows the newly turned product pin on 29th May.
One screenshot shows the product pin turned back to standard pin.
And the third screenshot shows the pin turned back to product pin.

Here's the whole story:

I recently decided to sell digital download products along with the digital services (Like logo design, business card design etc.), so I installed WooCommerce on my website.

I also came to know that there are other formats of the pin, Rich Pins, I can create. So, I learned to create one as well. Everything was going well. My pins got converted to Rich Pins.

Then, WordPress notification told me that I can install Pinterest plugin on my website as well, this will help my business further. So, I went ahead and installed that plugin (I am not good at WooCommerce plugin, still learning). While, installing the plugin it also asked me something about creating a catalogue on Pinterest. Well I created it as well. 

After this, the impressions on my product pin increased. I got nice upward growth in impressions. So, I assumed everything was working correctly. 

Now the issue started...
First, I received an email with subject "Notice of Merchant Guideline Violation". I opened the email. To solve the issue, as stated in the email, I clicked on the email link. It took me to a page that said that the "catalogue" is not available in your country. (I am from India). So, I ignored the email and kept posting on my Pinterest. (Email screenshot in the)

After that, I started to see the pins converting back to standard pin then again product pin. My Impression dropped to completely zero. (Analytics screenshot in the link).

Then, I remembered the email again. I thought this is due to that violation notice, I might need to contact Pinterest for this. The link in the email was not working so I found another way to contact them and sent an email. Haven't received a response yet.

I also removed the Pinterest tag (I am not sure if I did) from my website and also the Pinterest Plugin from WooCommerce. 

I am completely confused and panicked here. I am not sure what is happening to my account.

I hope this will help you understand the situation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Pratik

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @PMLogosDesigns, thank you for providing the information. 

Regarding the Analytics, the screenshot only shows an estimate. You can wait a few days until the data is verified. 

About your Catalog, you can go to your profile and then Edit Profile > Security and Logins and Revoke Access from the WooCommerce plugin. 

Please, keep working with the support team regarding the Rich Pins issue, as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else! 

0 Kudos
PMLogosDesigns
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestFernanda,

I have revoked Access to Pinterest Plugin as you instructed. 

Working on Rich Pin issue with one of your support executives.

In my previous response, I mentioned that my impressions are dropped to zero.
Is this because of the "Notice of Merchant Guideline Violation" issue?

Thanks,
Pratik

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @PMLogosDesigns, thank you for your question about impressions and viewers. 

Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. Often times, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners. Just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. We encourage creators to continue to post high-quality, inspiring ideas to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest.

Give us shout if you need anything! 🙂 

0 Kudos
PMLogosDesigns
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestFernanda 

Thank you very much for all your help!

Pratik

1 Kudo