Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Problems with new pins

Labels (2)

Hi everyone, I have the following problem, I am relatively active on Pinterest, I upload daily pins and since 1 week, my pins have no more impressions, my videos remain at one impression, but the running time of the videos is increased, therefore no one responds to it, something is wrong, when I go to my pins and look at the suggestions of Pinterest do not fit at all to my image, and this happened from now to now.

Hope you have an answer, I despair and am thinking of leaving the platform.

1 Kudo
10 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @dianaschweinforth_fotografie , welcome to the PBC. I love your photography, you have beautiful content! Overall, your monthly views seem to be fairly good, the key is engagement.

You're feeling a little discouraged and that's understandable. You worked hard creating content and it shows. Let me encourage you in a couple of ways. I've learned that impressions, views and engagements will tank for who knows why, then go back up suddenly. What you are seeing now pretty much is happening across the board. But the numbers will rebound eventually and you will seen a steady climb.

What helped me in the past is posting content as if you are having a face to face conversation with someone. You obviously have talent, your work is amazing, continue making it a personal conversation. Be creative with your descriptions, give some background to your posts. Maybe "this photo shoot was one of my favorites because.."  "the client came in and wanted something specific but couldn't quite put it into words. They were very happy with the results, what do you think". and so on.

Be yourself, have fun with what you do. Above all, if you aren't feeling it, it's okay to step back for a while. Your success on Pinterest will come over time, it has for me and others. And it will for you.

I hope this helps you. Please return here and keep us updated, we would love to see your progress.

1 Kudo

Thanks for the feedback, my problem is not that the impressions are less, but that it is 100% technical problems when publishing.

The images/video are just completely misrecognized from time to time, if I upload the same image with the same text again a few hours later, it can happen that it works and the video suddenly has 3k impression again.

Today, for example, I uploaded 2 videos that could not be loaded in the first 30 minutes, the pin was simply empty and I was only shown new suggestions.

1 Kudo

Look this, the last from my pins, doesn't work, that really strange.

image.png

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dianaschweinforth_fotografie  are you using the app or web version?

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dianaschweinforth_fotografie  In either case, you should reach out to support and ask them to take a look at your account.

0 Kudos

@michaelbliss

I've already written to support, there I always get the same answer they post here, the algorithm decides, which is just bullword removed per Community Guidelines, it's clearly a technical problem, and after all I'm not the only one with this problem when I read here.

I work with the web version.

0 Kudos

dianaschweinforth_fotografie_0-1684048718255.png

Look this now is only one viewer but a time of 2:19 xD for a 0,5 sec video

0 Kudos

I just posted a maternity picture and look here what are the suggestions from pinterest, my picture itself does not load at first it comes only these suggestions

test.jpg

0 Kudos

Is there no support from the official side?

Tried again today to upload a pregnancy picture, the result is horrible.

My pin has been completely misplaced again:

dianaschweinforth_fotografie_0-1684330256640.png

There was again only one other recommendation, if I click on the recommendation it is correct with the pin.

dianaschweinforth_fotografie_1-1684330315169.png

It's obvious that something is wrong with my account and only with pregnancy shoot, all other pictures get impressions

0 Kudos