Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Mix niches on Pinterest

travelcontentcreators
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hey Pinterest Business Community, 

When we started to grow our Pinterest account we had a specific niche, photography. Afterwards, everything went well and our audience grew.

However, now our niche has changed a bit and now our new Idea Pins and Standart Pins don't have the same reach as Pins about photography. I agree, it's quite logical and obvious. 😅

My question would be, is there any way, while already having an active, large audience in one niche, to have a chance quickly, without ads, grow an audience in a new niche?

I'd be happy and grateful for any ideas and advice!

1 Kudo
13 Replies
travelcontentcreators
Just visiting

Hey Pinterest Business Community, 
when we started to grow our Pinterest account we had a specific niche, photography. Afterwards, everything went well and our audience grew.

However, now our niche has changed a bit and now our new Idea Pins and Standart Pins don't have the same reach as Pins about photography. I agree, it's quite logical and obvious. 😅

My question would be, is there any way, while already having an active, large audience in one niche, to have a chance quickly, without ads, grow an audience in a new niche?

I'd be happy and grateful for any ideas and advice!

2 Kudos
AccentYourself
Loves to help

I have two niches. . . simple jewelry making & metalsmithing (to promote my Etsy shop), and fitness (I'm old, slightly overweight & I focus on strength-based fitness for women...I've worked in the fitness industry since 1987...not trying to sell anything). 

Originally, I was worried that the two topics wouldn't work together. However, I've found that a lot of my followers save pins that fall into both categories.  I thought the niches wouldn't work, but they actually compliment each other nicely.  

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @travelcontentcreators ! Welcome to the PBC! I've merged your posts into one, you'll have more eyes on here in the Creator Conversations.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Tagging @bodymindmood @jenvazquezmedia @isabelledias @terezatoledo @JanaOMedia for visibility.

@AccentYourself, this is good insight, thank you for sharing! Btw.. I love your Pumpkin Bread Idea pin!

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@michaelbliss thanks for the tag! @travelcontentcreators - What is the "new" or second niche? 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@travelcontentcreators 

@michaelbliss thanks for tagging me!

I read your question and I gave it some thought.

I think that if your new niche has some relationship with photography (old niche) then its very possible to do what your proposing .... growing an audience without ads and have an easy quick transition.

If your new niche is completely unrelated then I think it would be a good idea to really think out your strategy and how you plan to promote on Pinterest without ads et al. I am an ad user on Pinterest so to me the idea of pushing a new business | content without the use of some form of advertising makes me wonder if would work. There are a lot of people who talk about Keyword Strategy and the like but honestly even when I have used Keywords and really researched my content seeking to find out if my content is interesting, inspiring and all that it truthfully did nothing for me.

I have found in my vertifcal Fitness (for example) if your not putting on a show or an exhibit it really falls to the wayside keywords or no keywords and as far as making content that provides ideas and information again I have found that people on Pinterest only want fast and easy not necessarily what really happens in real life they don't want to know the process or that you have to actually committ to the process to see results. So, I use ads to help put the things viewers won't search in front of them....seems to work.

These are just my thoughts on your question but from what I am able to understand in the online world anything is possible.

Hope that helps a little.

Lisa

2 Kudos
travelcontentcreators
Just visiting

Thank you! 😊 @michaelbliss 
I was not sure, there to post if I have such kind of question. 

1 Kudo
travelcontentcreators
Just visiting

Thank you for your story! @AccentYourself  It has inspired me to keep working on integrating our new niche! 

1 Kudo
travelcontentcreators
Just visiting

@JanaOMedia  It's cultural travel, combined with mindfulness lifestyle. It includes spiritual practices (mediation, Qi Gong, Yoga, etc.), spiritual locations (for travel), and cultural heritage.   

1 Kudo