Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Maximum Daily Pins Pinterest TOU-Help!

ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Hello PBC:

Not sure I've posted this in the right forum. Have seen many recent posts about account suspensions/removals, some for pinning violations. Some mentioned that they have been careful not to pin more than 5 per day. I have been pinning 5 each to 3-5 boards, not daily but when I pin. This type of pinning is from my POD (print-on-demand) Redbubble shop. I also occasionally pin from 2 blogs. I am now afraid that my account will be removed or suspended.

Though I am disappointed about how Pinterest has changed since the beginning, I still love the site. I would feel very empty if Pinterest was no longer in my life. There is no other site like it. Please give me info on daily pinning allowances. I can go back and read the TOUs but I may not find what I am looking for. Help!

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for including my article and tagging @michaelbliss!

@ArtsyCraftery Your pinning frequency of 'pinning 5 each to 3-5 boards' should not be enough to flag your account as spam, but I recommend diversifying the URLs from which you Pin. Too many Pins from the same URL could be a reason for an account suspension.

I also recommend that you create five fresh Pins per day. Fresh Pins are critical to your pinning strategy since the algorithm favors these in distribution. Pinterest defines Fresh Pins as images or videos that they haven't seen before. You can create several images that link to the same blog post, page, or product listing, and each of those would be fresh when saved to Pinterest for the first time. 

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
8 Replies
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Since none of you have stopped to answer my question in 8 days, I decided to call out some of you big guns. Maybe you can shoot me an answer. Please read my original post.

ArtsyCraftery_0-1688152503676.gif

@michaelbliss @PinterestJoan @bodymindmood @PinterestIvania  @mulberrycolors @PinterestGabby @PinterestJazmin @thehalcyonhive @BestFunGifts 

What is your opinion on how to prevent my acct from being closed because I pin too much each day? I've dropped to pinning 5 in one day until I hear from you but it has severely interrupted my flow. I have pinned as many as 25 in a day but it usually ranges around 15, when I do pin. If this is egregious then I'm surprised that I haven't been shut down a long time ago. Thanks!

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @ArtsyCraftery , did you have pins removed for violations? The email would say state reasons why a pins was deleted. You should also read this article from about pin formats and practices from @andrealidesigns and the best practices found here in the help pages. You can always contact support for account specific questions.

I've heard several takes on how many pins per day and how often you should pin, but I can let you know what has worked for me over the past 10 years of creating content and growing an engaged community. I feel if you have something to post, then post it. A few years ago I would say only post in late afternoons but lately I'm not seeing any difference in engagement if I post at 3pm or three in the morning. Create the best you can, whatever that means at the moment, and post it. I've also found that posting to several boards has zero impact in terms of impressions and engagement, so save time by not duplicating posts.

I've also feel that too much of anything may wake up the spam filter. I would spend more time creating quality content, which also means posting less often. And I would say go all in on video for a while. Scroll through your feed and notice what stands out to you. The static pins or video?

You mentioned that Pinterest has changed. That's true. Like all platforms, Pinterest will keep evolving based on the business decisions they are making to stay competitive and profitable. As creators, we need to adjust our strategy to keep up with that. That's just the way it is.

But let me encourage you with this; you said that you loved Pinterest. Then keep going. Do your best each time you create and upload. Visit your followers profiles and see what they are repinning, reach out to your followers and simply ask them what you can do better. Ask questions in the comment section. Try new things. Make mistakes, then make more. Keep creating until something works, keep doing that. If you are feeling burnt out, then take time away. If you are becoming obsessed with the analytics, refocus on quality rather than quantity. But keep going.

I hope this helps you.

4 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Thanks for the encouragement in creating pins but I am asking about pinning from around the internet, not creating pins whose content originates from my computer files. Thanks again for responding.

0 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for including my article and tagging @michaelbliss!

@ArtsyCraftery Your pinning frequency of 'pinning 5 each to 3-5 boards' should not be enough to flag your account as spam, but I recommend diversifying the URLs from which you Pin. Too many Pins from the same URL could be a reason for an account suspension.

I also recommend that you create five fresh Pins per day. Fresh Pins are critical to your pinning strategy since the algorithm favors these in distribution. Pinterest defines Fresh Pins as images or videos that they haven't seen before. You can create several images that link to the same blog post, page, or product listing, and each of those would be fresh when saved to Pinterest for the first time. 

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

4 Kudos
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery I just looked at your profile to see what you are interested in as far as style, art & craft. I know number of pins a day doesn't flag your acct, & doesn't change number of the impressions. But I always keep in mind staying up to date & fresh with pins.  

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

@andrealidesigns  Yes, it has helped. I always pin fresh pins. I don't pin the same image to several boards. That's not interesting to me to do that. 😊

My concern stems from reading the many posts about members recently getting their accounts closed (even business accts) and not knowing why. Some have contacted Pinterest and have not received any response. Those who have rec'd responses have not been helped in the way that they need in order to understand what has happened and how they can fix it.

1-2 people said they have been sure to only post the limit of 5 pins per day. This is when I really got concerned. Ultimately, if Pinterest closes my account I will move on. It's not a matter of life and death. I would, however, like to do the best that I can to not offend. Thanks!

1 Kudo
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery I am sorry to hear that. I have never heard of accts closed by Pinterest because of # of pins!! IF I have any issues with my acct. I email the help center. Please keep up with your interest, There might have been other issues that we are not aware of. Good luck, have fun & stay in touch.

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

The acct closure posts that I've been reading are in this Business Hub forums. Maybe I saw them at the Pinterest Creator forums section. I noticed that some (maybe a couple, don't remember) Pinterest Pioneers have responded to some of the posts, saying that they have heard this complaint so many times lately.

And thanks for your reply. I will.

0 Kudos