Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Managing Your Social Media Presence

LuluBloo
Just visiting
Labels (2)

Not only do I run my own business, but I also work full time as a designer for a baby clothing company. My question is;

Is there anyone else who has a similar workload to myself? And if you do, how do you manage all your social media platforms + running a business and working full time?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hey @LuluBloo

You aren't alone in this. I remember facing this same issue because I was in the same situation working 40+ hours a week full time, studying to get my degree, and managing my online business. Here's what worked for me:

1. When it comes to managing social media, focus only on one platform. There may be multiple platforms that work for you and you can always work on them one at time and move on to the next after automating the first one. I create and schedule my pins on Tailwind every Sunday for the upcoming week or two so I don't have to spend time on it for a good 7-14 days.

2. Other business related things: I totally feel ya. This is a question that popped up so often that I wrote an entire blog post to help new business owners manage their time without experiencing burnout. The key is to plan weekly in advance. Every Sunday make a list of all tasks you want to get done next week, schedule it on your calendar, say no to everything that isn't on your calendar and just do it. It is simple but super effective.

I hope this helps.

- Girl Meets The World

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
6 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

hello.....

I don't have an exact schedule to yours but one of the things I have done right from the beginning is making sure that I actually need the Social Media I am using ..... so I only use Instagram and Pinterest there is no reason for me to be on Facebook | SnapChat | Twitter et al. so I am only dealing with two vs. 5. I keep a Personal Calendar|Scheduler for Pinning & Instagram:

Example

I schedule my time to pin 5 times a day throughout the day according to my family schedule | fitness schedule | writing schedule I set the times and ensure that I am pinning according to my plan eg. new pins | other people's pins et al. and I determine the number of pins for each board you get the idea.

I suppose you can use 3rd party apps for scheduling your pins but I don't for now at least. As for running your company +++++ Scheduling is key and sticking to it. 

Lisa

3 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hey @LuluBloo

You aren't alone in this. I remember facing this same issue because I was in the same situation working 40+ hours a week full time, studying to get my degree, and managing my online business. Here's what worked for me:

1. When it comes to managing social media, focus only on one platform. There may be multiple platforms that work for you and you can always work on them one at time and move on to the next after automating the first one. I create and schedule my pins on Tailwind every Sunday for the upcoming week or two so I don't have to spend time on it for a good 7-14 days.

2. Other business related things: I totally feel ya. This is a question that popped up so often that I wrote an entire blog post to help new business owners manage their time without experiencing burnout. The key is to plan weekly in advance. Every Sunday make a list of all tasks you want to get done next week, schedule it on your calendar, say no to everything that isn't on your calendar and just do it. It is simple but super effective.

I hope this helps.

- Girl Meets The World

6 Kudos
thecontentplug

Scheduling content ahead of time is what works for us! We spend Sundays making sure content for our week is fully created and planned out (thanks to our content calendar + Planoly) so that it is ready to go without us having to think about it later. We spend at least an hour engaging on other accounts each day (not at one time, just throughout the day) in order to make social media, social!

2 Kudos
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

Scheduling with Tailwind definitely helps. I do all my own social media, but I'm also a Pinterest manager for others - I know that offloading some of that work to others can be a huge time saver. Your time saved could be worth it!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love all of these tips!! What a great thread. Personally, I've always found that carving a bit of time out on the weekend to better prep you for the week makes your Mondays not as stressful. 😉

Has anyone here tried Trello for content/project management? I love how easy the UI is and the act of moving cards around so they're complete. 

Other platforms that are great for managing social content I've used in the past have been Later and Sprout Social

1 Kudo
shobi821

My website is related to a food blog which gives the user about the best information on the latest recipes

I dont have traffice on my website so can i attached Pinterest account with my website so i can get local traffice through my social media  
Here is my website : http://foodbinod.com/
THANKS
0 Kudos