Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Linktree VS Own site

astroscopeapp
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Hello everyone! We are creators on Pinterest with our own app on AppStore & Google Play.

We have a question: Is it possible to use Linktree links on Pinterest, or would it be better to add our website that contains links to the application?

Just Linktree opens faster than our site. But we heard that Pinterest doesn't like sites like Linktree

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@astroscopeapp I think you should consider using a page on your own website instead of LinkTree. 

You own all the traffic on your own site and get to choose how to optimize it vs that of a LinkTree situation. You can also claim this link which Pinterest definitely prefers to direct traffic to claimed domains.

You can view a link on my site here that is just like a LinkTree but I built this on my own website. 

You can do this for Pinterest and when you claim your domain you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
3 Replies
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@astroscopeapp I think you should consider using a page on your own website instead of LinkTree. 

You own all the traffic on your own site and get to choose how to optimize it vs that of a LinkTree situation. You can also claim this link which Pinterest definitely prefers to direct traffic to claimed domains.

You can view a link on my site here that is just like a LinkTree but I built this on my own website. 

You can do this for Pinterest and when you claim your domain you should be good to go.

2 Kudos
EmmaMark01

As creators on Pinterest with your own app available on both AppStore and Google Play, it's understandable that you want to promote your content as efficiently as possible. However, you have a valid question - should you use Linktree links or your own website that contains links to your application?

While Linktree links may be faster to open than your website, it's important to note that Pinterest has been known to take issue with sites like Linktree. Therefore, it might be more advantageous to use your own website as a means to promote your application.

That being said, it's worth noting that the effectiveness of Linktree links ultimately depends on your specific audience and their browsing habits. If your target audience tends to prefer quick access to content without the need for navigation, then Linktree may be a viable option.

Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of both options and determine which one will work best for your specific needs. Regardless of which route you choose, remember to stay consistent and provide high-quality content to engage with your audience and achieve your goals.

0 Kudos

Hi, Heather! I created a page of my own similar to yours https://joyfully.fit/bio-tree/, but I can't seem to paste that into the website part. It only accepts my main site: https://joyfully.fit Can you possibly help me figure out what sort of operator error I made to prevent me from doing what you're doing? Thank you so much! Hope I worded that in a way that made sense.

- Lance

0 Kudos