Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Impressions/monthly views reducing drastically

getmetreated
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hello everyone,

I'm NEW here! I wanna make an inquiry about something that has been bordering me! Recently, my impressions/monthly views are drastically reducing till this moment! Is there anything I'm doing wrong? 

NOTE: I do PIN every day! Trending Topics!!!!

PLEASE help!

Thanks

1 Kudo
11 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hello @getmetreated, welcome to the Community!

Thanks for your question. In the last year, we invested in new tools to help creators like you bring their ideas to life through the creation of Pins. We introduced camera features, editing tools, stickers, filters and more with our new Pin format to enable creators to more easily create inspiration directly within the Pinterest app.

We’ve recently made some changes to better serve the most relevant content to Pinners based on user feedback. While we continue to get positive feedback on Pins, we also recognize that Pinners are looking for a variety of ways to find and consume inspiring content.

As such, we made updates to how we recommend Pins to ensure users see content that they may find most engaging and useful. Some of these changes, while anticipated to drive growth in your long term engagement and metrics, may result in a decrease in impressions for Pins in the short term and thus want to give you visibility into these changes:

• Inspirational engagement. The best way to build an audience on Pinterest is by publishing ideas worth saving. To underscore Pinterest's longstanding value as a visual platform with saveable, inspiring ideas, we will be increasingly prioritizing content that generates saves and engagement that inspires Pinners.

• Mix your content. Now, we want to open up the lens of creation and invite you to consider Pins as part of your broader content mix on Pinterest, inclusive of standard image Pins, Pins with links and Pins of all aspect ratios. We believe that this shift will in the longer term help you grow your unique audience on Pinterest and result in a more inspiring, positive platform for all.

Let us know if we can help you further!

1 Kudo
getmetreated
Just visiting

Thank you for the reply! Do you mean the decrease in impressions for pins is only for the short term?

1 Kudo
taylorgolub
Posts regularly

I was at 2.9M views last year, and now I'm at 94K.

2 Kudos
getmetreated
Just visiting

Wao! What could be the cause? I do post regularly! 

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@getmetreated @taylorgolub  You're definitely not alone. I've seen this happen many times over the past 8 or 9 years, but the numbers always rebounded. Maybe not as fast as I want, but I saw growth. What @PinterestIvania mentioned does make sense; here's why:

I've learned over the last 10 years of creating content that I needed to continue creating, regardless of the numbers. We can't change the algorithm, but we can build a library of content.

Once I stopped getting worked up about the impressions and used that time to either step back for a while or began experimenting with new content, my engagement increased. Impressions grew, but the actual engagement of my community grew faster. We want a healthy, engaged community.

I want to encourage you, my experience has been if we focus on doing what we are passionate about, your community will grow. Be willing to try new ideas, try not to be discouraged. If so, step back for a while then get back to what you love to do and why you came to Pinterest in the first place.

I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
getmetreated
Just visiting

Thank you for such a wonderful contribution. This helps a lot! 

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@getmetreated  I'm happy this helped you. Please ask as many questions as you may have, we're here to help.

Happy creating!

1 Kudo
getmetreated
Just visiting

OK! Thanks

0 Kudos
Nachtfalterland
Just visiting

Hi there 🙂

We are having the same problem. 4 weeks ago the numbers decreased drastically. We didn't change anything - we are absolutely clueless at the moment 😞 Maybe someone can look at our pins, maybe we are doing something wrong?

https://www.pinterest.de/Nachtfalterland/

Is the time of day decisive when to post on Pinterest?

Thanks so much!

Cheers

Laura

0 Kudos