Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to organize pinterest boards

Wealthynwiseblog
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I'm ready to clean up/reorganize my pinterest boards:  So my question:   From Pinterest's standpoint as well as a "reach" standpoint,  Is it better to merge boards together and use sections (ie Recipe's board with Keto recipes section,  South Beach section, Kid-friendly recipes etc.)  or better to skip the "recipes" board and just create boards for each section mentioned?  I know sections and tailwind don't get along, but its worth the manual effort if pinterest looks favorably on it!

4 Kudos
7 Replies
vibeva
Just visiting

Good question!

1 Kudo
lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting

From the research I have done, I've read that it is better to have board titles that are specific. 

so

-keto dessert

-keto meals

-keto sides.. etc That way Pinterest algorithm will know exactly what you are posting on there. 

If anyone else has more info I'd love to hear more about this! 

4 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello, thank you for this great question!

For me it is better to create new boards for each products rather than creating sections. I think sections make boards look a bit complicated and people might get bored. I never done any research on this will search for more information. Also would love to see other pinner's suggestions on here.

Sophia

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@lifestyleofafoodie Do you think it helps to get even more specific with your titles like " Keto Meals quick and easy" or "keto meals on a budget". I was wondering if the more specific the better or keep it a little broad. 

Thanks ,

Josiah

1 Kudo
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@AmericanoCrystals Do you think you could create too many boards and it could get over whelming for your followers? 

Thanks,

Josiah

2 Kudos
lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting

I absolutely do!  ( I am not sure If I am super correct though, so I'd love to hear from one of the Pinterest moderators) 

But I think that if you can make it specific and have pins that fit that specific category then Pinterest is right away gonna know that those pins are the ones to show people who look for that specific long tail keyword. 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@RealWoodFloorsWP I think you shouldn't create too many boards but you should have specific boards  for each products. Depending on your niche you can have multiple boards or sections. The best way is to try it all and check the results.

Regards, Sophia

2 Kudos