Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How long does it take to get a reported pin removed?

mcguirekitchenbath
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I have reported a pin twice, over the last couple of weeks, and have not heard back from Pinterest. This appears in my analytics as "other pin & your pin", but I do not seem to have an original that I can find. It looks like someone repinned one of my pins, but changed the photo and description to include their own website information. The photo is not related to our business. This should not be linking to my website, and I want it removed. It is bringing in unwanted traffic to my website. The pin does not show who repinned it, and only shows my profile name. 

How do I get this pin deleted? I reported it as a copyright violation, so that I would be able to explain the problem. It's actually a trademark issue, since it's misrepresenting my business name... but the trademark report requires me to report the account. I don't know which account did this.

Please advise.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @mcguirekitchenbath, thank you for your question! 

I completely understand your frustration. I can see that you've opened up a ticket with our support team regarding the issue. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
mcguirekitchenbath
Just visiting

I received an email saying "I'm passing on your issue to the relevant team who would help you with this issue. You should receive a reply from them soon."... but I haven't heard back yet, and the pin has not been removed. I can't reply to that email. How do I follow up?

0 Kudos
mcguirekitchenbath
Just visiting

Any advice on how to follow up if I haven't received a reply? and I'm not able to reply to the email telling me that it would be passed along to the relevant team who would help? It's a 'no-reply' email.

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hey @mcguirekitchenbath, if you're having trouble to file a ticket you can try this email address: support-backup@pinterest.zendesk.com.

I hope you were able to solve it. Let us know if we can help you any further! 

0 Kudos
mcguirekitchenbath
Just visiting

I emailed that address 2 days ago, and have not had a reply. This is getting frustrating. Why can't I get this pin removed? I don't even understand how they switched a photo on my pin, and I can't delete it. It's bringing in traffic to our website that is not relevant to our business. 

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @mcguirekitchenbath, our team is currently experiencing heavy volumes and will need additional time to review your account. They will send you an email once this is complete. I’m sorry that I was not able to help you further. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
mcguirekitchenbath
Just visiting

Well then they should allow the business that posted the original pin to remove it, along with ALL repins. I would think this would be important if someone were removing a pin that featured product that was either no longer for sale, or if someone changed the photo & information to be incorrect. It makes us look bad when irrelevant pins link to our website. 

0 Kudos