Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How do you find inspiration for your content?

PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum
Labels (1)

I'm curious about others processes when it comes to "getting in the zone" when its time to create (art, writing, creating images for social, etc). Do you have a routine? A must-have, like tea or coffee? In my work and personal life, I create a lot of content. Sometimes I really have to focus and eliminate distractions so I'll find a quiet place in the house (or office), light a candle, have some tea, and brainstorm how I want to tackle a project. Surprisingly, many times I find my inspiration in thinking about making people happy through my content or challenge themselves on how they really feel about an issue. Similarly, do you create for yourself or for others? 

Businesses and creators are both welcome to share! I want to hear from anyone who also finds themselves creating on a regular basis.

4 Kudos
11 Replies
allthingsamore
Just visiting

My go to is loud music and a dance party in the craft room! Nothing gets your juices flowing like a great trance song. It helps me clear my head and focus on the grapevine wreath I'm about to tackle. 

If I find that my creative juices aren't flowing, I walk away and come back another time or day. 

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey @PinterestJanice !

I personally find my inspiration in the nature. Though we stuck at home during the lockdown and most of us might felt depressed.

I love the energy of yellow and sunflowers it always inspires me and help e to concentrate. So I started to plant sunflowers in our yard.

I think people should always do whatever they love and be with the people who are always inspires them! When you do what inspires you a lot you will be able to create the best piece of art and you will inspire others as well.

Stay safe and inspired!

Sophia

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@allthingsamore, did you just say trance!? Need to know what you're listening too! I love anything Anjunabeats. Music has always been such an important outlet for me. One of the ways I've been passing the time by during shelter-in-place was creating a plethora of playlists on Spotify. 😊

@AmericanoCrystals, couldn't agree with this more. I've recently become a big plant mom and keep buying houseplants to brighten my apartment. The greenery and jungle vibes make me so happy! 🌵

1 Kudo
allthingsamore
Just visiting

Yes ma'am! Born and raised in central Florida where trance music was popular in the clubs in the 90's when I was clubbing age LOL. Check out Farhad Mahdavi! He's currently my fave! Anjunabeats has some killer artists!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

OooOo thanks for the reco, @allthingsamore! Will check out. ❤️

3 Kudos
LovelyThingsAndSouls
Just visiting

I like this question a lot. I feel that we are far too often pushed into creating without being able to find the 'flow'. I am at my best in the mornings on my way to work as I have to sit on the train for about 30 minutes. That gets me into the 'zone'. Good luck to all of you, some great answers in here.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love that, @LovelyThingsAndSouls!! Welcome to the community, too. ❤️ 

1 Kudo
plaidcrafts
Posts regularly

Coffee is the core to start my day for sure, but I do my best creating after lunch. I feel like I need to get all the administrative/technical tasks off my plate to free my mind. Plus I am a night owl so the creative juices aren't really flowing early. When I am in create mode (for work or personal) I turn on more lights (easier to do while working from home) and adjust my music. I cannot think at all if it too quiet as small, random noises become a distraction. When more focus is required I listen to familiar music, and when I want to stretch my creative muscles more or I am painting instead of working, I listen to exciting new music. 

When I am stuck or feeling a bit over stressed, I take a quick walk. This is easier to do while WFH, but not impossible from the office. 10 minutes outdoors in sun/fresh air can really jumpstart my brain. The extra blood flow probably doesn't hurt either. 

0 Kudos
savourous
Just visiting

I am and early bird. I will be creating, mixing ingredients in the kitchen by 5am! I feel energized in the morning. When I am relaxed, ideas flows like crazy. All I need is a clean house and well arranged kitchen and I can come up with 10 small dishes in a day. By 10pm I know i should be relaxing and pinning ideas for next adventure. lol

2 Kudos