Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How can I stop being shadow banned?

kathxrine_
Just visiting

My account was doing really good for a few months when suddenly my impressions dropped from the thousands to only a mere hundreds along with my limes and saves. The only explanation I can think of is Pinterest shadow banning me. For anyone who has been shadow banned, how long did it take for Pinterest to stop shadow banning you? 

(the picture I included is a screenshot of my stats) 

5DDDF10B-3007-4B11-98B4-E6FB6109FC47.png

2 Kudos
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kathxrine_ 

Hi Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post and I'm sorry you are having issues with your account.

I have done a lot of research into "Shadow Banning" and to be really honest I have never found anything concrete to support that there is such a thing.

What I can tell you for certain (from experience) is:

1. Many of us have experienced ups and downs in numbers such as what your experiencing right now - there is no rhyme or reason and over the time I have been on Pinterest I have hit 1,000,000 million impressions and then within a week dropped down to 200,000 and then back up.

2. As I have learned and still am learning (we never stop learning on Pinterest) creating good content consistently is key when it comes to numbers - more specifically Idea Pins.

3. I recently discovered what it truly means to use Strong Keywords in all the things you do on Pinterest especially in your descriptions et al. for Pins.

I know that when you see numbers dropping it can really feel awful but what I can tell you is that with a little bit of patience and staying the course you will find that your numbers will begin to turn around, there is no specific time frame.

I hope this helps you even if just a little bit.

Lisa

0 Kudos
sarawatsonim
Just visiting

Hi @kathxrine_

I am sorry that you are experiencing this. I, too, have been going through this since the first week of August. I hate to inform you that regardless of how often you contact help or message on here, they will not admit to banning you or accidentally flagging you as spam. You will get the same response of ebbs and flows, and other ridiculous things that are true to an extent but not to this extent. Any time I search for my own pins I get none that direct to my domain. The ones that show in search are either stolen or pins of my images that literally go to no domain. It is frustrating and absolutely not a good user experience which baffles me that they don't do something about those users and those pins and why are they coming up first in search because they aren't useful or helpful. I have been on Pinterest since the beginning and have never experienced anything like this. My stats just dropped off a cliff for no apparent reason and there has been no help and no recovery. I do everything that is suggested as best practices to no avail. I went from over 10 million impressions to 3.6 in a couple of weeks (slowly dropping due to 30 day stats) and dropping every single day. I don't see a way out of this and I feel like I have wasted 10 years on here. I hope that your experience turns out better than mine. I also noticed that this morning at around midnight/1 am EST stats completely froze and stopped updating. I'm not sure if it is a glitch or what, but they didn't even move one single number. Crazy. They seem to maybe be slowly working again but this whole experience has been ridiculous and is absolutely pushing me away from Pinterest both as a creator and a long time user.

Best,

Sara 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sarawatsonim 

Hi Sara I am sorry you have had a rough time with Pinterest I have been on Pinterest Circa 2008 so I understand how much time you have put in. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this issue.

Here is the thing "Shadow Banning" et al. has zero supporting information and from what I am able to see this is something that was created with no real explanation it just 'appeared' and people have used as a reason to explain away issues with online Social Media Accounts that either don't perform well or lack a reasonable explanation for low numbers and in some cases the unwillingness to wait.

I am sorry that you have had such a bad experience and I hope that you can resolve the issues you have been dealing with on your account. I would encourage you to reach out to Pinterest Support if the issues that you have been dealing with are that bad and time consuming - because it sounds like its been a really long time.

I wish you the best of luck.

Lisa

1 Kudo