Hi, everyone! I'm seeing LOTS of new posts here in the PBC (Pinterest Business Community) from people who are asking a *seemingly simple* question...
"How do I make money on Pinterest?"
So, I wanted to create a reference post that lists some of the ways that people do that.
Before I dive in, I'd like to start with a bit of a preface...
Keep in mind that making money as a Creator is not something that happens overnight. Most successful creators (those who do this in an effective, sustainable way) have worked extensively on their strategies, their marketing, and their content creation skills. They're typically people who have been showing up consistently on Pinterest for months or years, pinning high-quality content that inspires and truly solves problems for their audiences.
All of that being said, it is absolutely possible to make money using the platform. I do. And I know hundreds of other amazing creators who do!
Here are some of the more common ways that people leverage their content and their Pinterest audiences to monetize: (This is not an exhaustive list, just some ones that come to mind!)
Creators can monetize by…
1. Creator Rewards - Edit: This program has been ended. You can still read about it for now at this link, but it is not continuing. (>>> More on that at this link!)
2. Getting more eyes on their free value-based content to grow their audience – and selling digital products and courses
3. Getting more eyes on their free value-based content to grow their audience – and sell their services (for example coaching or done-for-you services)
4. Pitching and landing brand partnerships as an influencer by leveraging their Pinterest audience and creating pins for brands
5. Selling their physical products (e-commerce) products using Pinterest
6. Growing their email list with Pinterest – and selling from there
7. Being an affiliate for products or services and using Pinterest to generate visibility for their affiliate links (check on regulatory, legal, and platform-specific terms of service here!)
8. Increasing ad revenue by getting more blog traffic from Pinterest
Again, I want to emphasize that these are a few things that are possible. But all of these take time, hard work, and a desire to truly show up and be helpful and inspiring to people on the platform.
I hope this post is exciting, motivating, and clarifying for many people coming to the PBC looking for some guidance on this! 🙂
Thank you for the article you made it was very helpful I just have one question. I was about to apply for the Creator Rewards Program as I was eligible for all the criteria, except I am based in Australia not the US. Is there any way I can still apply for an Australian Creator Rewards Program to make money. I was wondering why they only let people in the US be part of the program?
Thank you! I found this information very helpful. There seems like so much to do to get off the ground, running. I will be referring back to your list as I move along.
Very interesting information. I am based in the UK. Are there any Country-specific issues? As a new member of PBC, any advice on offer will be immensely appreciate.
Thank you so much