Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Academy Challenges

taylorgolub
Posts regularly

Hi everyone!

If you attended the Creator Community Kick-off yesterday then you probably received the email about the Creator Academy Challenges with the Google Form. I watched the videos but the challenges parts are SO confusing and when they do mention the challenge it is there for a second!

Does anyone have an actual list of the precise challenges needed? I wish it was written out in the Pin or stated more clearly.

Thank you!

@PinterestGabby

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@taylorgolub and @budgetwithmel - hi! I can tell you what I did. I am pretty sure I interpreted the challenges correctly! 🙂 I think they were leaving us a good amount of flexibility to be creative. 

Even though I got an email saying #1 and #2 were optional for me, I decided to do them all because I help new Creators, so I wanted to be in the know. 

For challenge 1, I created a new board and curated some images and idea pins. I chose the topic of "Laptop lifestyle aesthetic" because the challenge was to create a board full of "what inspires you most." And for me, that's it! 🙂 I'm actually loving this new board of mine. It's serving as a vision board of sorts now. 🙂 

For challenge 2, I understood that you could create a pin in any format (video, standard, Idea) - and I gathered from what she was saying that it should be relevant for and consistent with my brand. So I created a new standard / static pin that points to one of my blog posts. 

For challenge 3, I understood the assignment to be to create three pins - again, in any format. It seemed that the suggestion was to get inspiration from the Today tab for these three, so I went there. I jotted down some ideas, and created 3 pins. My pins were very loosely based on some things I saw in the Today tab, but two were VERY loosely based, and one was a little similar to something there - but with my own spin... (hope that makes some sense!). The three I created for this challenge were one of each - a video, a standard pin, and an Idea pin. That's just what I decided to do. 

(Oh, BTW... wouldn't you know it? The Idea pin that was inspired by an idea from the Today tab? It's actually performing really well in terms of reach and saves so far!) 

Again, I am not 100 pct sure, but that is how I interpreted the challenge assignments, and what I did.

I hope this helps you! 

View solution in original post

8 Kudos
14 Replies
budgetwithmel
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Agreed! I got an email saying I could skip the first two based on my Pinterest experience, but that I should complete #3. I went back to the videos to see what the challenges actually are and was so confused. Thanks!

1 Kudo
taylorgolub
Posts regularly

Yes, the whole thing is extremely confusing and not layout properly. I just submitted 3 random idea pins into the form.

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@taylorgolub and @budgetwithmel - hi! I can tell you what I did. I am pretty sure I interpreted the challenges correctly! 🙂 I think they were leaving us a good amount of flexibility to be creative. 

Even though I got an email saying #1 and #2 were optional for me, I decided to do them all because I help new Creators, so I wanted to be in the know. 

For challenge 1, I created a new board and curated some images and idea pins. I chose the topic of "Laptop lifestyle aesthetic" because the challenge was to create a board full of "what inspires you most." And for me, that's it! 🙂 I'm actually loving this new board of mine. It's serving as a vision board of sorts now. 🙂 

For challenge 2, I understood that you could create a pin in any format (video, standard, Idea) - and I gathered from what she was saying that it should be relevant for and consistent with my brand. So I created a new standard / static pin that points to one of my blog posts. 

For challenge 3, I understood the assignment to be to create three pins - again, in any format. It seemed that the suggestion was to get inspiration from the Today tab for these three, so I went there. I jotted down some ideas, and created 3 pins. My pins were very loosely based on some things I saw in the Today tab, but two were VERY loosely based, and one was a little similar to something there - but with my own spin... (hope that makes some sense!). The three I created for this challenge were one of each - a video, a standard pin, and an Idea pin. That's just what I decided to do. 

(Oh, BTW... wouldn't you know it? The Idea pin that was inspired by an idea from the Today tab? It's actually performing really well in terms of reach and saves so far!) 

Again, I am not 100 pct sure, but that is how I interpreted the challenge assignments, and what I did.

I hope this helps you! 

8 Kudos
taylorgolub
Posts regularly

Thank you for outlining this, Jana!

That's really interesting to hear how your pins performed after you created content based on the Today tab.

Well, hopefully, Pinterest let's just know soon if we passed or not!

1 Kudo
wellbeingswithalysia
Just visiting

I had the same experience. My idea pin based on the Today Tab took off quickly, although it seems to have slowed down a bit now. My pins were only loosely based in order to also match my niche. 

I'm looking forward to hearing more.

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@PinterestGabby - wanted to make sure you saw this thread - especially the parts about our experiences with the "Today tab" inspiration! ❤️ 

1 Kudo
amumtomum
Posts regularly

@JanaOMedia could you clarify something for me, please. So I need to take inspiration only from TODAYS inspirations, not something found on home feed or yesterday's inspo? And make those pins in the same day?

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@amumtomum - I can't say for certain, but my interpretation was that we should look to the Today tab for inspiration. I'm sure it's okay to look at yesterday's, etc. I think the way "inspiration" works gives us some flexibility here, too. Meaning... inspiration can look different for different Creators. So I'm sure you have some wiggle room. 🙂 

0 Kudos
JayneNicoletti
Posts regularly

Is there a deadline for this?

1 Kudo