Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Could someone explain this to me please?

myweddinginspire
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I got this earlier today from Pinterest. @PinterestGabby Does it mean that websites are not necessary for affiliate links now?

"We have some exciting news to share:

We have some exciting news to share: links are now available on all Pins!

Now you have the option to add a link to all Pin types, enabling your audiences to further explore and take action on your ideas. You can link to a blog, website, or even use an affiliate link to unlock more monetisation opportunities*.

If you have a business account, you can see how often people are viewing your Pin and visiting the links you share. Learn more about how to view your Pinterest Analytics.

We’re excited to see how you leverage this in your creation.

Now you have the option to add a link to all Pin types, enabling your audiences to further explore and take action on your ideas. You can link to a blog, website, or even use an affiliate link to unlock more monetization opportunities*.

If you have a business account, you can see how often people are viewing your Pin and visiting the links you share. Learn more about how to view your Pinterest Analytics

We’re excited to see how you leverage this in your creation."
"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @myweddinginspirethank you for your question! 🙂 

I’d love to help out with this. Do you mind providing a bit more information and context so I can better assist you? Any details or screenshots will help. 

Bear in mind that we are only allowing links from approved affiliate partners and domains. You can use the affiliate link as a normal link and insert it on the destination link of the Pin. To learn more about our affiliate guidelines, visit our Community Guidelines.

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
myweddinginspire
Just visiting

I don't have anything more than the details above that I "copy and pasted" I'm afraid. I assume it's something that Pinterest genuinely sent out , but perhaps not.

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @myweddinginspire!

Idea Pins are now Pins: we’re bringing the best of our new formats to all Pins! All the expressive features creators have come to love (like music, product tagging, stickers) and the features previously available to Pins (such as links, scheduling, post-publish editing, and different aspect ratios) are now available to all Pinners for video and image content. 

You can check more info on this PBC article with the FAQs related to our announced changes.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if you need anything. 

0 Kudos