Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Another User Is Reposting My Idea Pins

misstrishlyn
Just visiting

Hello! I’m wanting to know if my creator rewards will be jeopardized if another user is continuing to repost the same Idea Pins as me. 

I have submitted this pin for a current goal and I have already had it hit the requirements. If this person has this pin posted will it mess up my payment with Pinterest? 

This is very frustrating and I’ve been dealing with this issue for months. I’ve filed multiple copyright claims however they aren’t much to take down the account.

I appreciate any response!

19FBA8EC-7CBC-495A-B8D1-FC53EC0182C9.jpeg

C2037872-114E-4823-BA68-F12E4A6FB120.jpeg

37D6E387-27CE-4D23-B4EA-CDAD6811588F.jpeg

 notice how it’s a repost of my video that is cropped.

ED418295-E9F2-4A8E-875C-F0DC6331AA2C.jpeg

 date that I posted the pin

2 Kudos
13 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @bodymindmood  @JanaOMedia 

@misstrishlyn  I can see how frustrating this is becoming. I think @JanaOMedia has a point, and I would add  if you originally uploaded the content, and someone decided to infringe on your work and uploaded a cropped version, machine learning should disregard the stolen pin as unoriginal.

This article is one of several the Pinterest Engineering Blog explains how AI detects similar images.

And this article is basically how Pinterest built their video platform; but what stands out to me is about halfway down you'll find:
Content analysis
Once a video is uploaded we analyze its content ...

and this:

Review tools
Customized review tools allow us to quickly identify unwanted content (both automatically and by hand), ... review automated classification results...

I think you should  submit your content for review, then contact support and make them aware of the stolen material. Creator Rewards is still in beta which means your feedback is important at this stage. I hope this helps you.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

Hi 

this was a really good article but what if your repurposing content under a different business account? Would it be flagged? 

Your welcome on the tag @JanaOMedia 🏷 me 🙏🏻

Lisa

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

Do you know?

lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi Lisa @bodymindmood 

That's a great question! As it applies to Creator Rewards, original content is a requirement. And with that in mind, my guess is repurposed pins may be affected. But overall, I'm sure the repurposed pin will be distributed. I'm not 100% either way, but hopefully support will give some clarification.

@misstrishlyn  I forgot to mention you should consider adding some type of a watermark on your pins. It won't stop someone stealing your content but it will make cropping your pin more difficult.

2 Kudos