Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

2023 is anyone making money?

blochdance
Just visiting
Labels (2)

I continue to create content and keep my audience updated. I send business partnership but no one accepts. I think Pinterest has left the monetization thing behind. 😕

3 Kudos
23 Replies
designofyourlife
Just visiting

Very well said. Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing with everyone. This is really important—its all about perspective and purpose.

0 Kudos
chloecrabtree
Posts regularly

This is absolutely the same advice I would give to someone!  Great answer!!

0 Kudos
taylorgolub
Posts regularly

I never get paid brands wanting Pinterest as a deliverable - it is always TikTok and/or Instagram.

If Pinterest had continued on with the Creator Rewards program, more of us would be posting Idea Pins, so brands could see how effective Pinterest is.

Brands were always shocked to find out how well my content performed for them when I would show them my analytics on Pinterest, even if they didn't require Pinterest! Majority of brands just don't consider Pinterest a necessity like TT or IG.

I have certainly declined on the amount of posts I do on Pinterest because first, the creator rewards program ended and second, brands just don't see the value on Pinterest.

2 Kudos
fabeveryday
Posts regularly

If you have a blog and you are considering putting less effort into Pinterest without the immediate ROI of Creator Rewards or sponsored partnerships, I would implore you to zoom out and think about long-term income and sustainability. I focus heavily on SEO for my website, but still, in 2022 Pinterest accounted for 458,543 sessions to my website (41.48% of total sessions), which beat Search as the top traffic driver to my website. Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook were barely on the radar when you look at where traffic came from. With numbers like this and even a little effort for SEO, some people can make a full-time living on passive website ad revenue and then any sponsored partnerships are icing on the cake. Let me tell you, my stress level about earning money (this is my full-time job) totally changed once I put more effort towards driving website traffic than hustling for sponsorships. And Pinterest is the only social platform that can drive significant traffic like this. 

0 Kudos