Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

We want your feedback!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Happy Friday, everyone!

We’re about a month and a half in since the Business Community went live and @PinterestJanice and I would love to take a moment and hear from YOU, our community. This topic is for you all to share all your thoughts and feedback with us on this platform.

• What’s been working?
  • What could it use more of?
  • Where can we improve?
  • Is there anything disrupting your experience, either on Pinterest or in this community?
  • What content would you like to see in this space?

Please feel free to be candid so we can make sure we’re doing our best to make this platform a place where everyone can have the tools to succeed with Pinterest. We’re excited to embark on this journey and build something special with you all. Thank you for being a part of our community. ❤️

4 Kudos
30 Replies
drewid20
Just visiting

I would really like to see a small change with the Story Pin feature.  I get a lot of views when I post them but I really wish the story pin would not go live until the videos I have uploaded have finished processing. I get a flood of views immediately after publishing but they are viewing a story that is essentially broken.  I can have up to 1000 impressions before the processing is completed.  I would rather just wait until it's all completely finished.  

7 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @drewid20, thanks for jumping in and sharing that feedback with us on Story Pins! I shared this with our team and they informed us that they're working on a change that will address this that should reflect in the product soon. We don't have an exact timeline, but this is on their radar. 🙂 Thank you!

2 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Thanks for creating a space where we can discuss Pinterest for business. It is so valuable! We appreciate all the time that goes into this forum.

For me the greatest pain-point has been the Verified Merchant Program. I have been trying to get approved since early May. I have read the guidelines many times and currently cannot determine what is preventing approval.

When rejected, it would be incredibly valuable to have a reason for rejection listed in the rejection  email (as opposed to a link to the guidelines) so that I can effectively address it before submitting my account for another manual review.

After being rejected for the second time I am now in another 30 waiting period without knowing what to fix before I resubmit. I have devoted considerable hours to this that could have been spent creating new pin content. So it's doubly frustrating.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the super valuable feedback on our Verified Merchant program, @karen_whitworth. This is great for us to share directly with our team who are actively working to improve the merchant onboarding experience. Thanks for taking the time to drop us a note and for being a part of our community, we hear you and appreciate you! 

1 Kudo
pinitsmart
Just visiting

I am from Malta, Europe and I do Pinterest Marketing for clients from all over the world.  I have a US client and on his account I have more features than on other accounts including my account.  Like TRENDS which is a very useful tool. Why is that ? 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @pinitsmart, thanks for the question. Pinterest Trends is only available in the U.K., Canada and the U.S. at this time. We're always experimenting with our products and testing in different markets -- stay tuned for updates as we expand features like Pinterest Trends to other countries in the future! 

2 Kudos
adrianscrazylif
Just visiting

I'm a Pinterest Virtual Assistant so I'm managing accounts for 18 different businesses and blogs, including my own two sites.  It's interesting as I go through the different accounts because I see a lot of variations between accounts.  Some of them, you can't view the descriptions easily, many of them you can't view the pin URL - I assume that is an anti-spam method, but there are times when you legitimately need to view or update the pin URL, so that makes it difficult.  It's important to consider both the business owner and the pinner experience with different format changes.  

Fresh pins are working for some, but not everyone, so it's confusing to know what the benchmarks are for success.  I have pins that are 5+ years old and were pretty awful that are still getting great traffic, while many of my fresh pins that are higher quality are stalled.  As a business-owner it makes it a little difficult to direct traffic to the posts and products that are good money-makers when it's competing with old, stale content.  

Adrian

0 Kudos
iberianescapes

@adrianscrazylif 

I have the same problem.  Seem you were reading my mind.  

I just secured a new client for Pinterest marketing.  His boards were a mess and his pins were basic pictures , super low quality.  Yet on those he has 100's of impressions and on the new ones I created I am barely getting 8 impressions.  

On another account I manage for approximately the same quality of pin I get 800+ impressions and this account has less following than the other one.  

How can you explain to the client ? what can you say @PinterestGabby  

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @adrianscrazylif and @iberianescapes -- this is really great feedback, thank you both!! Let me chat with my team and get their thoughts. Really quick, have either of you filed support tickets so our team can take a look? If you are seeing major discrepancies between accounts, that sounds like something our team should deep dive into. 🔍

0 Kudos