Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

We want your feedback!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Happy Friday, everyone!

We’re about a month and a half in since the Business Community went live and @PinterestJanice and I would love to take a moment and hear from YOU, our community. This topic is for you all to share all your thoughts and feedback with us on this platform.

• What’s been working?
  • What could it use more of?
  • Where can we improve?
  • Is there anything disrupting your experience, either on Pinterest or in this community?
  • What content would you like to see in this space?

Please feel free to be candid so we can make sure we’re doing our best to make this platform a place where everyone can have the tools to succeed with Pinterest. We’re excited to embark on this journey and build something special with you all. Thank you for being a part of our community. ❤️

4 Kudos
30 Replies
TheWildAlchemist
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby I've been an avid Pinterest User for a few years now, I mainly began using it as a tool similar to the Bookmarks tab on any internet browser as a better way to organize any web content I wanted to save for future reference that was easy to retrieve. I realized that Pinterest was almost like a mashup between Instagram and Google(but yielding more recent, current, and trending results, whereas google to find newer, more current and accurate content you have to change the filters) After saving my entire research on anything and everything to my Pinterest Boards and sections, I began to learn how to use Pinterest more efficiently and effectively. Pinterest actually is what led me to become certified in Marketing, I quickly realized not only its personal organizational and search benefits, but how much more effective it could be if used as a tool to engage a larger online community for business purposes. I truly think if more businesses were to utilize this in their digital marketing strategy, NOT just focusing on Facebook, or Instagram, or other social media platforms, then the chances of growing your brand, business, and online presence are endless. I absolutely love new business community and how much support is offered and in a timely fashion. I do think it could reach a larger audience if the community was more widely known. I just recently discovered the platform within the last 2 months and only because I was searching endlessly for answers to Pinterest Questions and things I was curious about. Is the community being promoted daily, or weekly throughout the internet and social media? Would creating an engaging pin on pinterest and repinning it daily to reach a larger audience and then have those pinners, repin, and their followers or viewers repin and so on, snowballing into a much larger group than if you were to research it on google, or if your following pinterest business ON pinterest? Or if a pinterest blogger that has a large audience, following, and email list, would write a detailed article and post it, the community would grow?  Which would lead to a larger audience then pinning, rep

inning and posting and tagging not only on Pinterest, but throughout the internet and having a much larger media presence with hopes to GET more PINAHOLICS like myself involved! I LOVE how IN DEPTH this platform is, and how MANY options are available to people. Id love to see a button or an option to GET to the COMMUNITY through my Pinterest account

I haven't tried the story pin yet, still learning about that! I LOVE what I've seen so far from others though, and I also think promoting story pins as a contest/challenge definitely is getting a lot of users involved

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeasonsInColour greetings from California!! Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback, this is incredibly helpful info to share back with our team as we work on building more content around best practices and finding success on Pinterest. Thanks for flagging the error message with filing a ticket, can you try using this link? That should work. Love the newsletter idea -- would you like to see something shared in the community like that or in an email? Regarding Story Pins, stay tuned for the release of a new version of this format in the future. 🤞

0 Kudos
SeasonsInColour
Just visiting

Hi  @PinterestGabby 

Story Pins are back for me! However... the URL LINK option that we used to be able to add to each page of the Pin, is gone. We could definitely benefit from that as, when in a story, it is not clear for users where they can click to go to the creator's website.

This is an example of a new PIN STORY without URLs added: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/327073991694708813/

And this is an older Story PIN with URLS added in most pages: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/327073991691187061/

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 08.48.45.png

Stories less glitchy now, easy to create, still feel they and videos are best for recipes and DIY. 

Kind regards, 

Jenny 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SeasonsInColour thanks for the feedback, Jenny! I've made a note to share with our internal teams. 🙂 

0 Kudos
cbudge9

When you guys recommend certain boards, I would like if all the pictures used as the preview were also the top of the board.  There have been several times when I see a picture I want to view from the preview but couldn’t find despite scrolling through the board for over 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
emmalovejoy527

I wish you could only save something to each board/section once, stops you scrolling for years to find something you saved months ago

0 Kudos
Galore369Ltd
Just visiting

hi 

First of all, I would like to thank the Pinterest management and developers teams to make this platform a great source of support and help.

As a new business owner, content creator and a single mum of three, I find Pinterest a serene and positive place.

I find story pins a great way of reaching out and creating organic content for the target audience.

@PinterestGabby Thanks a lot. I am learning every day and building up my confidence.

1 Kudo
nomadiccomposure

I've wondered why there isn't a space to see all posted pins in order on each persons page. There was a board that automatically kept track of every pin posted in order, but it seems to be gone now. For example, you could have it so when you go to someone's page its set up similar to our home feeds, it would just be all of that users recent pins. Then you could have the created tab where their original posts are, and the saved tab where the boards are stay the same. Three tabs on each profile page, main tab for all pins, created tab for original pins, saved tab for boards.

0 Kudos

Awesome, great initiative in creating this space where we can all discuss Pinterest for business

https://www.arnaud-brunel.com/pinterest-managers/

0 Kudos

I run a digital creative agency and Pinterest management is only part of what I offer. @strategicpinterestmarketing

I suppose that, from an SEO perspective, we could have a business section of Pinterest dedicated to us content creators where we could use scheduling tools (I know Tailwind bla bla but it's not the most reliable) and where we could do proper Pinterest related keyword research.

Find me at https://arnaud-brunel.com 

My Pinterest services page: https://www.arnaud-brunel.com/pinterest-managers/ 

My Pinterest coaching page: https://www.arnaud-brunel.com/pinterest-academy/ 

0 Kudos