Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Personalize your community profile 🎨

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (3)

Hi everyone, we’ve been seeing a lot of new folks join the community over the past few weeks [yay!] and we wanted to send a quick reminder if you haven't already to be sure to personalize your community profile! 

One of the first steps to building your profile is by choosing an avatar that will represent who you are in the community. When you sign up for the community, you're automatically given a default avatar until you choose your own. 

2.png

You can select an avatar from the Pinterest library or you can upload your own. Whether it's the avatar from your Pinterest profile, a headshot, your business logo, or your pet, the choice is yours! Another quick way to personalize your profile is by writing a quick bio that highlights who you are, your business/what you do on Pinterest and anything else you'd like to share with the community. Take a look at the infographic below to see how @foodiehomechef built her community profile for #inspo.

My Post (1).png

Personalizing your profile is a great way for community members to learn a bit more about you and your business or brand. To get started, click on your name in the top right-hand corner and select “My Settings” from the dropdown menu.  If you've customized your profile, we'd love to see it! Drop a screenshot or share what you've personalized in the comment section. 

15 Kudos
18 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby Thanks for using my profile as an example Miss Gabby!

5 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

We wanted to highlight a best-in-class example and yours was one of the first that came to mind! 💕

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks, I'm honored 🙂  

Off topic... how do you add emoticons to a reply here at PBC? I don't see it in the options. When I type in a smiley face ":-)" it shows as an emoticon. But I see you have little hearts & others... how did you add them?

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodiehomechef ah! Yes, if you have a Mac, an easy workaround is Control + Command + Spacebar and then the emoji keyboard will pop up. Alternatively, you can select the 'Insert emoji' button in the toolbar and choose whatever emoji you'd like to accompany your post. 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby I have a PC with Windows 10. I have an emoji add-on for my Firefox browser, but they don't seem to work here at PBC. I've always been able to use them, but not here 😞

Which "Toolbar" were you referring to?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Interesting, I'll need to double-check on that re: emoji add-on for Firefox. The tool bar, also known as WYSIWYG is what you see when you're typing a response in the PBC. 🙂 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.06.10 AM.png

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Humming the tune to the Twilight Zone @PinterestGabby I see different choices. Here's a SSSS No emojis in WYSIWYG.jpg

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging, @foodiehomechef! Just sent ya a private message requesting more details so we can look into it. 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby   Got it & answered!

1 Kudo