Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Personalize your community profile 🎨

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (3)

Hi everyone, we’ve been seeing a lot of new folks join the community over the past few weeks [yay!] and we wanted to send a quick reminder if you haven't already to be sure to personalize your community profile! 

One of the first steps to building your profile is by choosing an avatar that will represent who you are in the community. When you sign up for the community, you're automatically given a default avatar until you choose your own. 

2.png

You can select an avatar from the Pinterest library or you can upload your own. Whether it's the avatar from your Pinterest profile, a headshot, your business logo, or your pet, the choice is yours! Another quick way to personalize your profile is by writing a quick bio that highlights who you are, your business/what you do on Pinterest and anything else you'd like to share with the community. Take a look at the infographic below to see how @foodiehomechef built her community profile for #inspo.

My Post (1).png

Personalizing your profile is a great way for community members to learn a bit more about you and your business or brand. To get started, click on your name in the top right-hand corner and select “My Settings” from the dropdown menu.  If you've customized your profile, we'd love to see it! Drop a screenshot or share what you've personalized in the comment section. 

15 Kudos
18 Replies
pamperedjoy2020
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby  Thank you for your guide on personalized community profile, I did but as I am still a newbie here, I need time to get familiarized with the personal page, business account page and business community page. Still a little confused but given time, I should be able to work things out and be ready to contribute and learn from Pinterest in general.

I am off to personalize my community profile and once again thank you for the guide.

In the meantime, please Like/Follow my page https://www.pinterest.com/pamperedjoy2020/

It is still new with only one PIN post and welcome your guidance and tips on enhancing the page.

Stay Safe and have a great week ahead.

Pampered Joy

1 Kudo
GlowUpLibrary
Just visiting

Thank you for the guide!

I personalized my profile with my photo and bio but I was unable to select a topic because as a lifestyle blogger I talk about everything. I might choose beauty for now. I also set up a signature message (fancy fancy) 😀.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@GlowUpLibrary   Greetings & welcome to the Community! Glad you were able to follow @PinterestGabby 's great guide. Hope to see you around!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

We love to see it, @GlowUpLibrary! We're also open to suggestions on adding more industries in that drop-down section. LMK what you'd like to see! 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby   Just puttin' in my 2 cents here... it would be great if they could alphabetize (a-z) that list, as it's all over the map right now.

I would like to see the following 6 choices added - Lifestyle - Fine Arts - Arts & Crafts - Graphic Design - Jewelry Making & Design - Computer Related

As always, thanks Gabby!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Making a note of that, Simone!! Thank you. ❤️ 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby   Excellent my friend! I forgot one more if it's not to late to add it... Gardening

0 Kudos
mamalatinatips
Posts regularly

This is awesome, thank you! Just one thing, I tried to change my avatar, but is not working for me.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank for flagging, @mamalatinatips! Are you getting an error message of any kind? Are you uploading your own avatar or are you selecting one from our library?

0 Kudos