Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirement

bohobippy
Just visiting

I just started my Shopify store this month and tried to connect to a new Pintrest merchant account but I did receive the following: Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirement

I fixed the other two parts (return and shipping visibility on the main page) but I do not have a clue how to fix the domain age. Is documentation I can figure this out? 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shopfocaldecor
Posts regularly

@bohobippy  @PinterestRenato @PinterestBrad

It looks like you are out of luck, and don't expect Pinterest support to help you out. Some illegitimate businesses become Verified Merchants within a few days. Pinterest apparently is more concerned with providing Verified Merchant status to overseas, copyright infringing websites. The "Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirement" is not a real guideline and not something that the Pinterest Verified Merchant team actually considers. Check out my post here for more info: Copyright Issues and URGENT Verified Merchant Account Issue:

@XdecorShopp became a Verified Merchant in under a month and @TidecorShopp received Verified Merchant status in UNDER 8 DAYS:

shopfocaldecor_0-1657648306341.png

shopfocaldecor_1-1657648306273.png

This timeline similarly matches how quickly galioo.com received Verified Merchant status. @galioo achieved Verified Merchant status within a maximum 17 DAYS of their domain existing:

shopfocaldecor_2-1657648306121.png

Here is a post from Galioo's Facebook page letting the world know they received Verified Merchant status on Pinterest on July 27, 2021:

shopfocaldecor_3-1657648307086.png

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
shopfocaldecor
Posts regularly

@bohobippy  @PinterestRenato @PinterestBrad

It looks like you are out of luck, and don't expect Pinterest support to help you out. Some illegitimate businesses become Verified Merchants within a few days. Pinterest apparently is more concerned with providing Verified Merchant status to overseas, copyright infringing websites. The "Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirement" is not a real guideline and not something that the Pinterest Verified Merchant team actually considers. Check out my post here for more info: Copyright Issues and URGENT Verified Merchant Account Issue:

@XdecorShopp became a Verified Merchant in under a month and @TidecorShopp received Verified Merchant status in UNDER 8 DAYS:

shopfocaldecor_0-1657648306341.png

shopfocaldecor_1-1657648306273.png

This timeline similarly matches how quickly galioo.com received Verified Merchant status. @galioo achieved Verified Merchant status within a maximum 17 DAYS of their domain existing:

shopfocaldecor_2-1657648306121.png

Here is a post from Galioo's Facebook page letting the world know they received Verified Merchant status on Pinterest on July 27, 2021:

shopfocaldecor_3-1657648307086.png

1 Kudo
bohobippy
Just visiting

Thank you. This is discouraging. I have a marketing plan to use mainly Pinterest, but I guess I will have rethink that plan. 

0 Kudos