Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Introduce yourself

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

We’re excited to welcome you all to this community! Please take a minute to introduce yourself and share a bit about your business, how you use Pinterest and what you're looking forward to being a part of the community. We can't wait to meet you! 

195 Kudos
758 Replies
jeswes
Posts regularly

Thanks Gabby! 

Looking at everyone else’s posts, I have to think it may be the new algorithm. I don’t understand the math at all, but evidently, it’s not working in their favor, but it is in mine. (I’d give my views to all of you if I could!) I was holding at 1.7 million for a long time, in August I got 2 million. 30 days later, I hit 4 million. It’s very exciting! But I don’t know why I’ve grown so much because I’ve been doing exactly the same thing I have been doing for many, many years. I seriously just pin stuff I like, on my downtime, while watching TV. I of course pin my own stuff from my blog and my store, but I mostly just pin inspiration pics, recipes, stuff I want to buy. And each board attracts its own audience. But I don’t do it for them, I pin for me. Maybe that’s the secret. Do it for you because you enjoy it. Don’t feel pressure to have the perfect pins and to post at the right time. It’s my favorite social media because it brings me joy to see all of this amazing inspiration and I don’t feel any pressure to get views and likes. If it makes anyone feel better I make zero money from this! haha!

3 Kudos
HITravelTales

Hello. We are Michael & Therese, the duo running HITravelTales.com and of course our Pinterest page @HITravelTales    When we can travel (not so much internationally since March) we focus on discovering the unexpected and extraordinary even in the most common of destinations. We are both award-winning journalists and photographers and love the visual aspect of Pinterest Pins!

1 Kudo
Cookinginmygenesblog
Just visiting

Hi everyone! I'm Jess - a food photographer, blogger and recipe developer focusing on simple & seasonal recipes AND helping small businesses & food/drink brands bring their products to life through photography & new recipes. I'm from Calgary, AB, Canada, living just an hour from the rocky mountains which myself, my husband and dog love to enjoy year-round. Excited to join this community & learn from everyone. You can find me @Cookinginmygenesblog or on my blog: cookinginmygenes.com

2 Kudos
nan47
Just visiting

Hi, I'm Nancy @nan47 .  Pinterest was my solution to getting rid of files upon files of design ideas, inspiration, recipes, etc that have been torn from magazines and newspapers over the last 50+ years. Marie Condo would be proud. I'm an artist, author, designer, photographer. Art is my therapy. These days as a retiree, I satisfy my need to create with sketches and photos that are manipulated in Photoshop and added to products in my Zazzle shop. In addition to pinning design ideas, inspiration, and recipes, I started using Pinterest as a way to promote my Nancy Worrell designs Zazzle shop. I've also added a blog board for my Nancyworrelldesigns blog where I talk about my designs, travel, or whatever catches my fancy. Look forward to being a part of this community. 

business card b.JPG 

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeswes you should create a topic in our Creator chat board with this to spark a conversation with other creators! I'm sure they'd love to hear about your success and what's been working for you. 🙂 

2 Kudos
jeswes
Posts regularly

I don’t know how I’m doing it! 😂 I’m just pinning what I like in addition to my own content. I hit 5.4 mill today, not sure how or why it jumped so much. I’m not complaining though! I feel bad for everyone else who has had a major drop. I've been following and re-pinning the content of others here.

2 Kudos
jobones7
Just visiting

@teukoapp What a cool idea! I wish my kids were still in school just so I could do this. I used to get joke books out from the library in put jokes in their lunches from time to time, but there was never anything like what you are doing.

0 Kudos
PrettyDIYHome
Just visiting

Hi I am Leanna I blog at Pretty DIY Home.  I write about DIY crafts, inexpensive seasonal decor, holidays.  I am retired after working as a project analyst and am enjoying being home, learning new things, and sharing my skill set with younger women.  

I found the community while trying to solve a massive decline in readership after changing my blog name.  I want to learn about the best type of pin images, and especially video styles which is my latest focus.  

I am happy to read about other creators, and enjoy the community aspect of this page.

1 Kudo
nan47
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Wondering why some of us are listed at "new member" and others "just visiting"? 

0 Kudos

Hi Pinterest Business Community, We're into Microsoft Software re-sellers. We're Microsoft Gold Partner accredited. So be sure to buy genuine Microsoft products like Office, Windows, and more at affordable prices. Looking forward to a greater engagement with the community. Keep safe everyone. @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 😁

2 Kudos